What exactly is an activator card?

Started by Vin, May 21, 2013, 05:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vin

Hi guys,

I should have missed the expansion where activator cards were explained. From what I've read in the forum, an activator card is a hero card you put into your draw deck?
How many activators can you play? And whichever hero card?

steve2275

Quote from: Vin on May 21, 2013, 05:22:47 AM
Hi guys,

I should have missed the expansion where activator cards were explained. From what I've read in the forum, an activator card is a hero card you put into your draw deck?
How many activators can you play? And whichever hero card?
no limit really (duplicate rule still applys)
http://overpower.ca/pages/rules-welcome.php?#rules-activator-cards

Vin

Tussin

just wondering... used activator cards go into the dead pile? wondering about for a new deck idea...

steve2275

Quote from: Tussin on July 19, 2014, 10:54:57 PM
just wondering... used activator cards go into the dead pile? wondering about for a new deck idea...
http://overpower.ca/pages/rules-setting-up.php?#rules-where-to-discard
Where to Discard
Once it has been determined what must be discarded, the next question is where to put the discards. As mentioned above, there are a number of Places where the cards are Discarded. All duplicate Power cards are discarded into the Power Pack, which will eventually be reshuffled and used again when the Draw Pile has been depleted. All duplicate Basic Universe cards, Training cards, Teamwork cards, Ally cards, Tactic cards, Aspect cards, Special cards from any of your Front Line or Reserve Characters, Activator cards, and all cards that are Unusable are discarded to the Dead Pile. Cards in the Dead Pile are considered out of play, and can only be replayed under very special circumstances. Event cards and K.O.'d Character, and Special cards that were played from a Battlesite are discarded to the Defeated Characters Pile, and are removed from the game. Cards in the Defeated Characters Pile will never again be used in the game. Each player must show his opponent the faces of all the cards he is discarding.

in other words   yes
looking forward to you deck idea

Tussin

ok so the activators go to the dead pile. the specials from those already used go to defeated characters pile and never to be used or recycled again?

steve2275

Quote from: Tussin on July 20, 2014, 03:24:46 AM
ok so the activators go to the dead pile. the specials from those already used go to defeated characters pile and never to be used or recycled again?
yup
its also a reason why players stick with the any character specials because they go into the dead pile and do the DARK PHOENIX SAGA mission
* NEW LEASE ON LIFE  {R}               Jean Grey as Phoenix
  Reshuffle the Power Pack and Dead Pile into the Draw Pile.