battlesite questions - code restriction

Started by breadmaster, March 19, 2010, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

so, can you put cards with the same code in, if they are from different characters, or is there only one of each code allowed?

Jack

One of each code, there can be only one AA under any Battlesite for example.

breadmaster

thanks,

was that a rule change, or did i just interpret the original wording in the monumental manual incorrectly?

Jack

I don't have a Monumental rule book on me, but looking at a version of the rule, I can imagine why it's debatable:
QuoteOther Special cards must be considered unique per Battlesite. Meaning, even if the Special is not a "One Per Deck" Special, you may only have one of that exact Special for that exact Character beneath your Location.

But, from some archives I've kept:
http://overpower.ca/archive/Ripayuheadoff/op/part11.html
QuoteOne major change that is not in the Monumental rule book is the One Per Code rule.  At first, players were allowed to use as many cards per character as they could fit under the Battlesite.  Unfortunately, it does not seem like this was play tested very much as it became rather frustrating for players to deal with so many avoids being used from the Battlesite.  Shortly after Locations were introduced, they added this One Per Code rule to Battlesites.  What this rule means is that you may only have one Special for each code.  This "code" is the two letters in the bottom left corner of the Special card.  This code helps classify each type of Special.  For example, the code AG is typically for all Special cards that read "Avoid 1 attack."  You may only have one of this code under the Battlesite, even if all six characters have one AG Special card available.  There are a few Special cards that are mis-coded, but those cards have little impact on the game.

And it's quite sad that Monumental has the last English rule book, there's been many additions to the game that some players might not know about. I wanted to take up Japanese to figure out what was inside the latest official rule book printed, if there were any changes that weren't in meta.

breadmaster

i see.

besides the quote you mentioned, there's also this one, on duplicate activator cards:

'conversely, a player may keep two activator cards provided that they are two different named activators.  for example, one mr. fantastic activator card and one human torch activator card would not be considered duplicates, even if the corresponding special cards that are beneath 'four freedoms plaza' have identical game effects.'

but, all meaningless if the rule was later changed

Jack

Indeed, because of the One Per Code rule, such an occurrence of two battlesite specials being exactly the same are extremely slim, so that rule has no effect.

Tussin

would there be an exception to this if the character/activator card's innate allowed duplicates?
say...

* GAMBIT  <IQ> {R}                           E: 6   F: 6   S: 4   I: 4   (20)
~ May have duplicate "Charge Object" Specials. ~

would i be able to use more than 1 of this special on my battlesite due the effect of my innate? only a few characters with this innate, so i dont see it being too much to worry about?

* CHARGE OBJECT (AK)
Play with 1 action involving a Universe card, Universe card bonus is doubled

BasiliskFang

Jack

It creates a huge problem when you have Jubilee or Shadowcat.

The only inherent ability that gets passed onto the site is the "May play x's Specials.".

chuu

that brings up a funny thought...imagine using the blue area of the moon as a battlesite and having to put Crystal in your deck to use as an activator..lol

Jack

That's why Crystal was supposed to be reprinted in The Marvels.