Fusion Rule Clarification

Started by Kyoujin, December 17, 2014, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

I'd like to check and see if they way that I have interpreted the Fusion Rule is correct.  For reference sake, the Fusion Rule is as follows:

All MultiPower cards, not including MultiPower Specials, scored as Hits on one Character must all function as one Power Type. That one Power Type may change if the attacking player that scored the Hits so chooses; however any change affects all MultiPower cards on that Character. MultiPower cards scored as hits on other Characters may be of other Power Types. MultiPower cards that only have three icons automatically pick up the fourth icon once another MultiPower card that contains all four icons joins it as a Hit on the same Character.

So if I have multipower card hit that exists previously as a fighting attack, and I make another successful multipower card attack and it's a strength, I can then change BOTH to be considred strength.

Also, could this rule be manipulated to successfully spectrum KO a character by changing the power type of a previous multipower card hit?

teesaw

Yes -

The way that I understand it, you can think of multi-power hits as a 5th power type for the purposes of spectrum KO.  outside of any inherents or other abilities that modify the KO, you are to always consider a multi-power card hit in the HFCB/Permanent Record as the most advantageous to the attacking player.

That is to say, if I know you have an avoid 1 fighting attack AD, I attack with a multi-power and call it strength - I've got a strength hit and an intellect hit on the person already...even though i called it "strength," the person is KO'd if it hits.

Any-Powers are the opposite - they never count for spectrum KO at all.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I've been before.

"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

steve2275

multi power power cards dont combine for spectrum ko
aka you cant use 3 of them and have a spectrum ko

but you can with 3 specials (like HR HF GJ)
or
two GJ and a multi power power card is also a spectrum ko
two HF and a multi power power card
or
and a multi power power card
http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
did that help?