3 stat characters and 4 stat multipowers

Started by mattkoz, August 16, 2011, 03:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattkoz

I think the answer is yes, but I'm not certain.

Can three-stat heroes use four-stat multipower cards? 

Obviously, if they could, they couldn't play the attack as intellect, but once it hits, it seems that it could be counted as intellect toward spectrum KO, right?

Jack

Correct. They would only be able to use EFS and not the I part of the Multi. After it lands, it can become any of the 4.

mattkoz

Thanks. Like I said, that's what I thought, but I appreciate the confirmation.

So then, I've noticed in some of the videos that people still use 3 stat multis. What's the advantage there?

The only thing I can think of is that a special with a remove or avoid hit with an intellect icon wouldn't be effective against them. But that remote possibility doesn't seem worth the added options toward a spectrum KO.

A 3 stat and a 4 stat hit would still fuse under the multipower fuse rule, even if you wanted to use them as Intellect for spectrum, correct? If they didn't fuse, then I guess there would be another potential advantage.

drdeath25

Quote from: mattkoz on August 16, 2011, 04:43:04 PM

A 3 stat and a 4 stat hit would still fuse under the multipower fuse rule, even if you wanted to use them as Intellect for spectrum, correct?

Correct. They still fuse.

You are right playing a 3-stat multi can help you from "avoid an intellect icon" or intellect icon events, even though those cards are rarely played, it COULD come in handy. the 4th stat doesen't help you with spectrum, so i see no disadvanatge to using 3 stat multi's. (unless you are playing a intellect deck with a character who doesent have higher than a 4 in one of EFS).

Palatinus

Quote from: drdeath25 on August 16, 2011, 05:28:50 PM
Quote from: mattkoz on August 16, 2011, 04:43:04 PM

A 3 stat and a 4 stat hit would still fuse under the multipower fuse rule, even if you wanted to use them as Intellect for spectrum, correct?

Correct. They still fuse.

You are right playing a 3-stat multi can help you from "avoid an intellect icon" or intellect icon events, even though those cards are rarely played, it COULD come in handy. the 4th stat doesen't help you with spectrum, so i see no disadvanatge to using 3 stat multi's. (unless you are playing a intellect deck with a character who doesent have higher than a 4 in one of EFS).

The fourth stat could help spectrum Ghost Rider!

drdeath25

It could, but its very unlikely the only hit you don't have on him is a intellect hit. Depends on the deck I suppose. Use the multi's that fit your deck the best.

Palatinus

Quote from: drdeath25 on August 17, 2011, 12:44:19 AM
It could, but its very unlikely the only hit you don't have on him is a intellect hit. Depends on the deck I suppose. Use the multi's that fit your deck the best.

Also, if you were playing all three stat characters and they didn't have many or any intellect specials it would give you intellect hits for that deck.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on August 17, 2011, 01:55:17 PM
Quote from: drdeath25 on August 17, 2011, 12:44:19 AM

Also, if you were playing all three stat characters and they didn't have many or any intellect specials it would give you intellect hits for that deck.

Well, that's true, but that still doesn't help the Spectrum KO in general. Since you only need 3 to land, any Mutltipower Power card is going to satisfy 1/3 of that requirement. So, if you have any of these combinations already landed, either the 3-stat, or the 4-stat Multipower Power card will still KO... EF, ES, EI, FS, FI, SI

Having said that, there is also no Event that says, "No cards with an Intellect Icon may be used to attack" - as opposed to the other Icons, which each have an Event representation. This also prevents any tricky avoidance w/3-stat Activators.

Otherwise, it's all about avoiding certain Specials, like Comm.Gordon's BY, Superboy's EY, Grifter's EX, or Carnage's HE, etc.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27