Pharoah's Phalanx

Started by Tussin, January 12, 2014, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tussin

theory of deck is to have every base covered for each stat type, i divert all Fighting attacks to Taskmaster, all Strength attacks to Wasp, thinking of Black Widow/Shadowcat/She Hulk in reserve to protect against Energy/Intellect. also focus my mission and battlesite to counter those 2 types as well, for my third frontline member im thinking of Red Skull or Human Torch to divert Energy or Intellect power cards and take them for built in cumulative immunity, or go Sabra/Vision/Malebolgia for OPD all cumulative immunity and i could stack all energy/intellect hits onto them. Dark Phoenix Saga might be the best mission because with all this artifact use i will be burning useful cards into my deadpile. runner up is Fatal Attractions. since most of my energy/intellect cards will be focused on defense, my battlesite focuses on energy/intellect attacks and other avoidance tools.

lots of choices to make in the final 2...Malebolgia can search artifacts from the dead pile which is very useful with the high milling that will be going on in this deck, Sabra has great specials to defend my front line until i get all the right cards, Vision has high defensive options but only for self. Malebolgia has the least useful stats of the 3, but if i get my defensive setup in play i don't really need him for offense, just to absorb Intellect and Energy hits. and if that was the case i would have to use She-Hulk in reserve for 17 final points, who has also bad stats, but if i could get my lock going i would be fine with her staying in the back, but the best thing about her she can keep dupes in reserve compared to others like Black Widow/Shadowcat

Homebase: Marvel Universe ~ Opponent's Team is -1 to Venture Total per Battle. ~

Team:
Wasp                 6-6-1-4 (17) ~ May use Energy Power cards to avoid any Strength attack. ~
Taskmaster        3-7-4-5 (19) ~ May use Intellect Power cards to avoid any Fighting attack. ~
Sabra                 3-7-6-3 (19)
Shadowcat:AOA 6-6-3-3 (18) ~  May attack the Reserve with Intellect or Strength Power cards. ~

Mission: Dark Phoenix Saga

Battlesite: Outerspace

Battlesite Specials: 14
Brood - Power Hungry Monsters (BY) [OPD]
Brood - Plan of Conquest (AA)
Brood - Brood Spawn (EB)
Adam Warlock - The Infinity Watch (AD)
Adam Warlock - Energy Barrage (AR)
Shi'ar - Fang (JW)
Shi'ar - Nightside (LT)
Silver Surfer - Cosmic Healing (AL)
Silver Surfer - Cosmic Awareness (HF)
Starjammers - Ch'od (AE)
Starjammers - Majestrix Liliandra (KB)
Super Skrull - Fantastic Enemy (HN)
Super Skrull - Flexible Form (AG)
Super Skrull - Imitation (CA)

Specials: 23
Wasp - Effective Leader (OPD)
Wasp - Adept Socialite (OPD)
Wasp - Wasp Sting
Wasp - Wasp Sting
Wasp - Shrink From Harm
Wasp - Shrink From Harm
Taskmaster - Photographic Reflexes (OPD)
Taskmaster - Spy Camera (OPD)
Taskmaster - Trained Lackeys
Taskmaster - Trained Lackeys
Taskmaster - Weapons Master
Taskmaster - Weapons Master
Sabra - High Durability (OPD)
Sabra - Bladefire (OPD)
Sabra - Lethal Agent (OPD)
Sabra - Loyal Soldier
Sabra - Loyal Soldier
Sabra - Mossad
Sabra - Mutant Musculature
Shadowcat - Computer Genius (OPD)
Shadowcat - Electromagnetic Scramble

Power cards: 18
Energy: 4 5 5 5 6 6 6
Fighting: 7 7 7 7
Intellect: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4

Teamwork cards: 3
1 * Energy 6 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Intellect
1 * Fighting 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Energy and Intellect
1 * Strength 6 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Intellect

Artifact cards: 4
4 * 6E 5A  IMAGE INDUCER
Teammate may discard 2 cards from top of Draw Pile to Dead Pile to move any attack made on any Front Line Character onto Character with Image Inducer. Character may defend.

Event cards: 2
* NEW LEASE ON LIFE
Reshuffle the Power Pack and Dead Pile into the Draw Pile.
* PHOENIX RISES FROM ASHES!
Remove all hits with an Energy icon from the Permanent Record of all Heroes.

Total cards: 62