fetch an activator?

Started by AO user, March 08, 2014, 07:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

BBH mentioned Avalon teams are better at long battles than hit and run so I want to use Pym particles (by colossus) so...how can one get a needed artifact in hand faster?  I know thor & GRider can fetch their specials and caliban activators but artifacts?  ideas?

chuu

Cable's survailance opd and the fatal attractions event would help you look for them.

Jack

The lowest ranked Spawn card.

AO user

cable's surveilance is in there but i was using ship for angel's draw 4.  maybe I should look at what little image I have maybe spawn alley?  if only it said 'play immediately'.  with one of each code when I get it they may concede.  AND if I play living costume as my opd, how would that work?  Ugh! i'm over thinking this....Thanks folks.  keep those ideas coming! ;D

chuu

i think you'd really be hurting yourself with Spawn's Alley just to fetch an artifact card.  I try to use more any-power power cards and multipower powers to account for different grid types on my teams.

Jack

The rule of thumb with OPD Artifacts is that you don't build your deck around it. They are meant to enhance decks.

AO user

the Avalon team is solid.  I want to enhance the ability to get a KO per battle with Pym.  That way I avoid the painful Avalon IA.  I started down this rabbit hole when someone with Onslaught Cit homebase used Pym to overcome their IA.  that's legal , right?

Jack

Onslaught's Citadel is still draw 5, 7 or 9 when used with Pym.

Quote from: http://overpower.ca/archive/qna/a980322.htmQ: Do artifacts over ride the inherent abilities on Homebases? My question being, if you're playing Onslaught's Citadel as a home base and play Pym Particles on Dark Beast, do you still draw 7 cards, or does Pym Particles take priority?
A: My take on Pym Particles and Onslaught Citadel being played together is this - the intent of the inherent ability on OC is to cause the player with it as a home base to draw one less card per battle. So if Pym Particles were in play (and it doesn't matter who played it - you or the opponent) whatever number of cards is declared, you draw one less.

AO user

One last pym question:  if both players have pym who chooses number?  If first to play it does, will the other choose when first One is ko.'d?

Jack

Whomever won the last battle gets to choose.
Quote from: http://overpower.ca/archive/qna/a980419.htmQ:  If my opponent and I both have Pym Particles in play what happens? Is it the person who goes first? Is it the person who put it into play first? Is it the person who goes second, because he chooses after the person that goes first? Is it that they both just cancel out? OR Will the world never know?
A: The person who goes first for that battle gets to decide. Now the world knows.

SUNSPOT

Quote from: Jack on March 09, 2014, 10:03:21 AM
Onslaught's Citadel is still draw 5, 7 or 9 when used with Pym.

Quote from: http://overpower.ca/archive/qna/a980322.htmQ: Do artifacts over ride the inherent abilities on Homebases? My question being, if you're playing Onslaught's Citadel as a home base and play Pym Particles on Dark Beast, do you still draw 7 cards, or does Pym Particles take priority?
A: My take on Pym Particles and Onslaught Citadel being played together is this - the intent of the inherent ability on OC is to cause the player with it as a home base to draw one less card per battle. So if Pym Particles were in play (and it doesn't matter who played it - you or the opponent) whatever number of cards is declared, you draw one less.

I completely disagree with this position on this combination of cards, if the batllesite has a rule it still can be changed by any other card that affects how the rules are to played during that match, O.C. is not that overpower, and for you to get pym particles on a hand can still  mean u have to get it in the right time and hand, so I vote for keeping the effect of the artifact.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: SUNSPOT on March 10, 2014, 04:56:46 PM
I completely disagree with this position on this combination of cards, if the batllesite has a rule it still can be changed by any other card that affects how the rules are to played during that match, O.C. is not that overpower, and for you to get pym particles on a hand can still  mean u have to get it in the right time and hand, so I vote for keeping the effect of the artifact.

Yep, it's the good ship Bullshit sailing on a sea of crappy rules and rulings. But it's still an official rule, unfortunately. If you play for fun with friends, no one's going to begrudge you a house rule to correct it. But at events you have to stick to the official stance.

BasiliskFang

lol i read this whole thread then i realized the title is not correct.