Avalon team w/o horrible IA

Started by AO user, March 10, 2014, 06:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

I like my Avalon team but I have had trouble getting a ko Per battle and the "heal" IA is frustrating.  My opponent pointed out ...after the match if I use 3 stat magneto in reserve I can have IQ bishop-cable-prof X on frontline and avoid the AI.  I like it.  :P

BigBadHarve

I like Avalon as a base, personally.

Yes, the penalty is brutal. But you have to know how to work around it. That means strategically fighting when you know you can do the most damage and win the venture, and piling the hits on a target character.

Run it with the aspect, and play Fatal Attractions with two events - Best laid plans, and the Any Mission - To save the world. If the Aspect is in play, To Save The World gives you a double draw when your opponent plays his activators.

Now since your opponent is also drawing for activators played, you need to minimize your duplicates. Run Bishop, Cable, and Prof X up front, with Magneto in the back. This gives you a ton of backed up teamworks. With the any power Team work you can run up to 8 non-duplicated teamworks. You don't need that many, but the option is there. Minimize everyone's specials to one-per deck - as below:

Bishop: Plasma Gun, Spectrum Blast, Change the Future.
Cable: Cover Fire*, Body Slide*, Big Gun, Bionic Eye, Blaquesmith
Prof X: Mind Wipe, Telepathic Coordination, Mental Bolt, Psionic Hold, Read mind*
Magneto: Master of Magnetism

You have a heavy variety of specials here, though mostly attacks. Use defensive specials at your own discretion. I wouldn't run more than one of each of Cable's, especially because that teammate avoid makes him a target.

Avalon can work pretty well as a team, but you have to know how to play it - it doesn't play for you like some lazier decks. (*cough cough Spawn decks cough cough)

breadmaster

it's a good point.  Avalon's aspect isn't good enough to justify the inherent, so 3 stat magneto does make for an interesting compromise

still better than the onslaught's citadel inherent/aspect disparity though...