The Best Pickup Line...

Started by Tussin, May 04, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tussin

different type of draw deck, going through choices right now how i want to tech this.
start Tiffany in reserve to collect her OPD, use Best Laid Plans to set my event to bring her up from reserve to front row, play special, then go back to safety. from there i play Pym Particles on Morlocks for draw power and load up opponents hand, i play DR and opponent draws 1 triggering my special ability, so i draw 1, he discards 1 and possibly up to 1 or 2 more depending on duplications. DS to fetch either of my OPD's. Morlocks for Pym Particles and Activator Searcher speed to combo with DS to search Tiffany OPD special. front line has a decent defense themselves... Morlocks EE, Scarlet AD/AO, Brainiac AG.

Homebase: Marvel Universe ~ Opponent's Team is -1 to Venture Total per Battle. ~

Team:
Brainiac             8-1-4-7 (20)
Scarlet Witch    7-3-2-5 (17) ~ Opponent's team -5 to Venture Total when KO'd. ~
Morlocks           6-3-8-2 (19)
Tiffany              6-6-4-4 (20) ~ Fighting Power Grid Rating is 8 for Defense. ~

Mission: Fatal Attractions

Battlesite: Muir Island

Battlesite Specials: 13
Banshee - Cassidy Keep (BR)
Banshee - Luck O' The Irish (DS)
Banshee - Interpol (JC)
Captain Britain - Britian's Champion (EB)
Captain Britain - Prodigious Strength (NG)
Colossus - Organic Steel (ET)
Colossus - Stoic Defender (LO)
Nightcrawler - Acrobatic Precision (HF)
Nightcrawler - Tactical Teleport (FP)
Professor X - Read Mind (AG)
Professor X - Psychic Shield (AH)
Shadowcat - Computer Genius (HQ) [OPD]
Shadowcat - Ninja Adept (CC)

Aspect Cards: 1
Any-Homebase - A-Next [OPD]

Specials: 22
Morlocks - Leech (OPD)
Morlocks - Caliban
Morlocks - Caliban
Morlocks - Run From Slaughter
Morlocks - Run From Slaughter
Brainiac - Brain Drain (OPD)
Brainiac - Mental Control (OPD)
Brainiac - Force Field
Brainiac - Mental Illusions
Brainiac - Lord of Warworld
Scarlet Witch - Hex Power (OPD)
Scarlet Witch - Change Outcome
Scarlet Witch - Sorceress Slam
Scarlet Witch - Spell of Destruction
Scarlet Witch - Spontaneous Combustion
Scarlet Witch - Witchcraft
Tiffany - Heavenly Agent (OPD)

Power cards: 17
Energy: 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8
Fighting: 3 3
Strength: 2
Intellect: 4 4
Multi-Power: 1
Any-Power: 5 6 7

Teamwork cards: 4
1 * Energy 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Intellect
1 * Energy 8 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Intellect
1 * Fighting 6 or more to use, follow-ups in Energy and Strength
1 * Strength 8 or more to use, follow-ups in Energy and Fighting

Artifact cards: 1
* 6S 5S PYM PARTICLES [OPD]
During each Draw Phase, teammate and opponent draw either 6 cards, 8 cards, or 10 cards. Teammate's choice before Draw Phase. May change each battle.

Event cards: 3
* TO SAVE THE WORLD!
For remainder of Battle, after Venturing, if one player either draws or discards cards, Placed or in Hand, then other player must draw or discard an equal number of cards, either Placed or in Hand.
* THE BEST LAID PLANS...
Sort through the Draw Pile and choose any four cards. Reshuffle Draw Pile. Put four chosen cards on top of Draw Pile.
* A CALL TO ARMS
Move the Reserve Hero to the Front Line this battle. Return that Hero to Reserve at the end of the battle.

Total cards: 61

skeevo666

Quote from: Tussin on May 04, 2014, 05:01:46 PM
Total cards: 50

You need a minimum of 56 cards if yr deck has events in it

rucker73

Also you listed no power cards for this deck...

But I REALLY like the creative idea you have come up with.
"Wade! into action!"

Tussin

yeah i am doing a final few tweaks, will update in a bit :)

if someone wanted as well, you could swap Wynonna or Tiffany out for Brainiac to get more (DR) in play more consistent but less powerful. or even switch Brainiac for Scarlet straight across.

steve2275

Quote from: Tussin on May 08, 2014, 09:40:08 AM
yeah i am doing a final few tweaks, will update in a bit :)

if someone wanted as well, you could swap Wynonna or Tiffany out for Brainiac to get more (DR) in play more consistent but less powerful. or even switch Brainiac for Scarlet straight across.
use both brainiac and scarlet
and take out earp

chuu

Hmmm, this is an interesting concept, what other characters have cards that make the opponent draw?

teesaw

Breadmaster had a great BW Deck - Which is opponent draws 5 cards from the draw pile to the dead pile (including activators; power cards that skip over the power pack and go to dead)

I beleive it was Metallo (17) / Brood (19) / Super Skrull (21) / Catwoman (17) with Iron Man's in the Battlesite (Stark Industries).  This mills and kills 25 of your opponents cards relatively quickly

Maggot's Intestinal Fortitude mills 3 specials into the dead pile...

Thorn and Blob have the non-OPD version of the BW, which is CE - opponent must draw 1 and discard to dead pile...not nearly as effective.

I only know because I played against it - not sure if there is a forum post on the deck or not.

"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

Tussin

do they draw it then discard? or is CE/BW just killed from draw pile to dead pile?

because if that is a draw, i would consider swapping Blob for Morlocks

Beast/Puppermaster also has HB it can kill power pack, Brood's BW only hits the power pack, not draw pile.

switch Brood for an Ironman and run any heroes for HQ and Deal with the Devil

you can swap around spots in lineup for people that utilize HQ to get the best stat synergy

chuu

damn, i looked into it, there's no other card except for DRs that make your opponent "draw a card"

Tussin

outside of their own draw cards, even if they run none or little, DR can force this to happen, if they run HQ/LO's etc those draws will not garner them card advantage :)

Tussin

an up to date tweak. i can play around with swapping Beast and Spider-Woman around as well? Donald Pierce may be a good swap for Beast and potentially Spider-Woman for Dr. Strange

Homebase: Team Overpower ~ Team OverPower may Place Any-Character Specials and Aspects to HomeBase, using normal Placing rules. Only one of each card may be Placed. Any-Character Specials may be played by Any Character on team. ~

Team: 76
Brainiac              8-1-4-7 (20)
Scarlet Witch      7-3-2-5 (17) ~ Opponent's team -5 to Venture Total when KO'd. ~
Beast                  2-5-6-7 (20)
Spider-Woman    6-3-6-4 (19) ~ Energy Power cards are +1 when used to attack. ~

Mission: Infestation Incident

Battlesite: Spawn's Alley

Battlesite Specials: 8

Curse - Exoskeleton (AG)
Overtkill - Armor (AD)
Overtkill - High Caliber (HF)
Spawn - Magickal Chains (LV)
Spawn - Heavy Weapons (AR)
Tiffany - Heavenly Agent (LX) [OPD]
Tiffany - Lance (BA)
Beyonder

Aspect Cards: 1
Any-Homebase - A-Next [OPD]

Specials: 22

Brainiac - Brain Drain (OPD)
Brainiac - Force Field
Brainiac - Force Field
Scarlet Witch - Hex Power (OPD)
Scarlet Witch - Spontaneous Combustion
Beast - Drop Kick (OPD)
Beast - Stars & Garters (OPD)
Beast - Analyze
Beast - Analyze
Beast - Analyze
Spider-Woman - Psionic Attack (OPD)
Spider-Woman - Rescue Operation

Power cards: 17
Energy: 8
Fighting: 3
Strength: 2
Intellect: 4 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7
Multi-Power: 1 2 3 4 5

Teamwork cards: 4
1 * Energy 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Strength and Intellect
1 * Energy 8 or more to use, follow-ups in Strength and Intellect
1 * Strength 6 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Intellect
1 * Intellect 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Strength

Artifact cards: 1
* 6S 5S PYM PARTICLES [OPD]
During each Draw Phase, teammate and opponent draw either 6 cards, 8 cards, or 10 cards. Teammate's choice before Draw Phase. May change each battle.

Event cards: 3
* TO SAVE THE WORLD!
For remainder of Battle, after Venturing, if one player either draws or discards cards, Placed or in Hand, then other player must draw or discard an equal number of cards, either Placed or in Hand.
* ALIEN CREATURE RAMPAGES! <MC>
All Heroes KO'd this battle may continue to fight and are not discarded until the end of the battle.
* HERE COMES THE CAVALRY! <MC>
Draw 3 additional cards. All duplicates must still be discarded

Total cards: 56

Fractales

With regard to your events:

Draw 3 additional cards. All duplicates must still be discarded - makes sense if your goal is to get more hits from the DR

All Heroes KO'd this battle may continue to fight and are not discarded until the end of the battle. - this makes some sense if your goal is to win by venture and get off all the specials you have packed in your deck

For remainder of Battle, after Venturing, if one player either draws or discards cards, Placed or in Hand, then other player must draw or discard an equal number of cards, either Placed or in Hand - Wouldn't this interfere with your combo? If the DR causes your opponent to discard 1 or 2 cards... you would also have to discard the same number of cards.

Tussin

Well i run that event if my opponent runs a heavy draw deck to shut it down, my deck is to slowly destroy his dupes and deck over time. if my Tiffany OPD isn't in play, i can hold off one turn even if my event hits at the wrong time.