(another) Deck Idea

Started by Kyoujin, July 07, 2014, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

Again, taking very slight advantage of DC3, here's a deck I'm considering:

Green Lantern (DC3), X-Man, The Inhumans, Dr. Strange (3 Stat) (R)

Mission: Dark Phoenix Saga

Battlesite: Avenger's Mansion

Loads of defense and offense, four 8s in the grid.  I wanted to use Viking Pyre to fetch all the biggest hits and then use 'New Lease on Life' to shuffle it all back in together to rebuild the deck.

Is Lantern's JF worth including in the deck to turn his HN into potential kill bombs?

AO user

His double 9 must be included.  JF would have to show up before the HN does.  I think the HN speaks for itself.  Btw you could do a four grid strange and still be 76... Or use 3 grid and switch cap atom for lantern or even original brainiac.  They have avoid or LO.

Kyoujin

I like Green Lantern because he's a beater with his multiple 8s and an off suit 9.  The deck already has sufficient defense, so I'm not worried too much about that.  He also matches the other grids perfectly.

I've been thinking about what you said about about swapping out the DC3 GL with the JLA GL.  I'd lose the fourth person with an 8E in thier grid, but I'm gaining quite a bit in return, actually.  It would also make the deck tournament legal.

steve2275

Quote from: Kyoujin on July 07, 2014, 11:32:55 AM
Is Lantern's JF worth including in the deck to turn his HN into potential kill bombs?
not in my opinion
i mean for just strength
i think the 8 itself is good as is(2 initial tw attacks will ko almost anyone)

Kyoujin

Decided to swap the battle site for any heroes.

Still one the fence about the JF for Lantern.  My grid focus is EFI, so making his HN the off suit S is tempting, especially since I can fetch his JF again with wed-headed wizard.

steve2275

Quote from: Kyoujin on July 09, 2014, 11:27:22 AM
Decided to swap the battle site for any heroes.

Still one the fence about the JF for Lantern.  My grid focus is EFI, so making his HN the off suit S is tempting, especially since I can fetch his JF again with wed-headed wizard.
or another HN  ;)

Kyoujin

Yeah, I'll try using three initially.  I think I'll put in X-Man's GJ instead of Lantern's JF.