ALL DC Decks!

Started by BigBadHarve, February 01, 2011, 01:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRoq617

Here's a question: Is JLA Watchtower legal to use as either a Homebase or Battlesite? Granted, as a Homebase, you lose the inherent since all of the grid-modifiers are Marvel-only, but as a Battlesite, it seems like a good alternative to the Any Characters.

drdeath25

The JLA watchtower is a homemade card. Its not a real card, and thus it is NOT legal to play with. Unless you are playing by your own special homemade rules, of course.

Palatinus

I was thinking of making a deck based on the Reign of the Supermen arc.  It was one of my favorite story lines and most of my comics are from that period.  I have the card featuring the four "Supermen" and that is what I would base my deck on:  Cyborg, Eradicator, Steel, Superboy.

The deck is only in the concept stage, but the grids seem to work relatively well together.  Not a really good teamwork spread, but not terrible.  I am thinking Superboy for reserve.

rucker73

I think I would put Cyborg in reserve.  He only really has one really good special in Interstellar Menace.   But I like your idea.

I recently used a JLA Watchtower deck with some success, I used a battlesite and artifacts and other cards from the other sets so it wasn't an ALL DC deck. 

Let us know how the deck does!
"Wade! into action!"

Palatinus

Quote from: drdeath25 on February 05, 2011, 09:37:41 PM
The JLA watchtower is a homemade card. Its not a real card, and thus it is NOT legal to play with. Unless you are playing by your own special homemade rules, of course.

That reminds me, when I first found out about this card I read on the site that it was actually created by one of the Overpower artists and was actually played at a tournament.  It's been years and I can't even find where I found it in the first place, but does anyone know anything about the history of this card?

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 08:30:57 PM

Quote from: rucker73 on April 06, 2011, 11:02:05 PM
I think I would put Cyborg in reserve.  He only really has one really good special in Interstellar Menace.   But I like your idea.

I recently used a JLA Watchtower deck with some success, I used a battlesite and artifacts and other cards from the other sets so it wasn't an ALL DC deck. 

Let us know how the deck does!

I tend to like to put characters that can heal out front, but you're right, Superboy has some good specials and would be an asset up front.  I'll try it both ways and see.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Palatinus on April 06, 2011, 10:37:22 PM
I was thinking of making a deck based on the Reign of the Supermen arc.  It was one of my favorite story lines and most of my comics are from that period.  I have the card featuring the four "Supermen" and that is what I would base my deck on:  Cyborg, Eradicator, Steel, Superboy.

The deck is only in the concept stage, but the grids seem to work relatively well together.  Not a really good teamwork spread, but not terrible.  I am thinking Superboy for reserve.

I did that with OP online a while ago. Not terrible, though I have yet to win with it. I put Cyborg in reserve with his interstellar menace.

The other three need to be in the front, especially Superboy for Dubillex, and Steel for his, well, all of his cards.  :P

-BBH

drdeath25

Quote from: Palatinus on April 07, 2011, 10:21:10 PM

That reminds me, when I first found out about this card I read on the site that it was actually created by one of the Overpower artists and was actually played at a tournament.  It's been years and I can't even find where I found it in the first place, but does anyone know anything about the history of this card?

This is interesting. I've never heard of this card being created, or where it came from. I always noticed it in OPOnline and wondered why that was the only homemade card in the program. It would make sense if this were a real card, since there are no other homemade cards in OPOnline but he did include The Marvels, which were cards that were intended to be released, but never saw the light of day. Could this perhaps be maybe the only card to have its text abilities leaked from DC3?

As for playing it in a tournament, since it was not officially released as a promo card, or as part of the DC3 set (whatever it was intended for, IF it was intended to be a real card), I don't think it would of been able to be used at an officially sanctioned tournament legally. Probably more of just a "local comic-book store with 'house rules', unofficial" type event.

Does anyone have anymore info about where this card came from? or why the creator of oponline included it?

Onslaught

I don't think one of the artists created it, it was one of the Canadian players. Terry White? Terry Wright? Howard Porter did the art for it, and I think one of them used it at an OP Cup tournament (or some other non sanctioned event).

Palatinus

Unfortunately I don't know the site where I originally got it and that site is likely gone now, but I remember bits of what I read.  Something about someone was at a tournament or event where there was someone, I thought someone who was an OP artist, was there and they asked them about DC locations and the person in question drew up this card there and then.  That's as much as I remember and the site seemed to indicate that the person who put the card up was the person who had the story happen to them.  This is all based on my memory of a site from years ago and I didn't know at the time that this was not a widely known or potentially inaccurate thing so I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Jack

Palatinus

steve2275

i like using joker penguin riddler and lex luthor in reserve
penguin riddler lex  i like using their dg special (even if other people on some web sites say they suck) and make 2 special card attacks(yes ive pulled it off) bye bye bats

ive yet to alternate one of em with two-face (regular...i dont have his holo)
i also like cyborg parasite metallo (they can all heal parasite has 2 different healing specials) doomsday (reserve)
2 other  teams
booster gold steel superboy supergirl
booster gold captain marvel metropolis s c u superman (reserve) i may alternate eradicator and the s c u

feel free to offer up  suggestions