BQ or GL vs DOW?

Started by AO user, January 06, 2015, 10:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

I wanna build a battle site for a beyonder deck.  I like BQ so i play little iceman to remove DOW & its negated.  I BQ and try again  or do I use the POST method of playing  GL (remove a card from game)  BEFORE the Devourer is played.  I don't see a strategic edge of one over the other.  Thoughts?

...also If BQ is battlesite OPD does the choice of BQ matter?  some say play not usable by (character) and play immediately but its an activator so does it restrict the cards to hero playing it to retrieve his/her own OR ANY card can be pulled?  In other words :  is Tunnels BQ the same as the Bugle's?

chuu

i think the babies are on the team so he should be able to play it to remove DOW. But ya, after your Lil iceman gets negated, you wouldn't be able to retrieve again using a battlesite BQ.  As for the type of BQ, i would say just switch the name on the card, so if it says "XXXX" maybe retrieve a card from the deadpile, whoever played the activator can only get a card that they can play.

Tactically, I think the better bet is a well placed GL. Because your opponent could end up conceding just to make sure that you can't get rid of DOW.

AO user

Steve is right: you can't ACTIVATE a KL if DOW is out and Chuu is right:  X-babies and / or Doc Sampson are in my Beyonder decks.  strategically I don't see BQ > GL or other way around.  Is there something I'm missing?

chuu

In my opinion GL is better since it's multi-purpose, KLs are basically used to get rid of DOW, sure they can get rid of some other cards but it's not game breaking, where as GL can be to shut down alot of different opponent strategies if you know what they are trying to accomplish.  Removing a key OPD from their deck might bring it down.  I once GL'd an any-power 8 out of an FF plaza deck and Mr. Fantastic was their last 8 grid character so he had no 8 PC to use anymore.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention the most annoying cards in decks, Event cards designed to shut down other decks..."no specials", "no OPDs" "no energy cards" really hurt alot of decks, pulling those out before they can be played is really helpful.

AO user

The event idea sold me.  I often use KO event with BEYONDER decks and I've had it GL'd.  They're  both vulnerable to negates so I'm leaning towards outback.  Thanks for help, folks!

Tussin

i am pretty sure i read that KL can remove DoW. its removing it, not negating it.

drdeath25

KL's can DEFINITELY can be used to remove a DoW thats in play. You just cant play it from a battlesite obviously, it would have to be played from your hand.

AO user

Quote from: chuu on January 06, 2015, 11:19:33 AM
i think the babies are on the team so he should be able to play it to remove DOW. But ya, after your Lil iceman gets negated, you wouldn't be able to retrieve again using a battlesite BQ.  As for the type of BQ, i would say just switch the name on the card, so if it says "XXXX" maybe retrieve a card from the deadpile, whoever played the activator can only get a card that they can play.

That's my question: scarlet spider ( or activating hero  ) can only fetch their special.  The wording on maurauders malice ( and some other BQs making them greater than web headed wizard IMO) says activating hero choose a card NOT PLAYABLE by hero and play immediately meaning prof x CAN play lil iceman or Doc's out-think... Or am I being too literal again?

chuu

no, that is correct, those BQs are much better than the personal ones..

drdeath25

Yea, but you still can't play the activator to get the BQ from your battlesite when DoW is already in play. Or am I misunderstanding the question still?