Spawn & H4H teamates

Started by AO user, January 21, 2015, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

I ran spawn/ brute / H4H with hawkeye reserve.  Action leader is suppose to give H4H a new lease on life but gets negated. Spawn & Brute are supposed to avoid or negate for them.  They still die too fast.  I'm looking for alternatives.  Below are some pairs and am open to suggestions.

Serpent society: AO. AD. EJ  with original Spiderwoman with ADs. or...

Xbabies  with Dr strange in reserve with CK necromancy

Jubilee with silver sable in reserve.

Mad God raises the dead event?  Thanks for your response.

chuu

Use those two with white queen to maximize on jws and play business partner on the heroes..

Tussin

Strange is 1 turn, Morph would be a better reserve revive that is permanent :)

what do you find them dying to? big hits? teamwork assaults?

i don't like the Mad God Rises event... too situational. it can trigger helping opponent and leave you with nothing, or you get it and you have all your team alive.

for you i would prefer Morph over that event, you can stash his OPD on him and when frontline dies you can trigger it when you need it to get back into the game.

for event i would go with anti draw/negate or best laid plans for your team... or if you don't plan to go OPD heavy on your team you can go Maximum Carnage?

* LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER <MC> {R} Carnage
Continue this battle with no venture, and no conceding.
* SYMBIOTIC HERO CAPTURED! <MC> {R} Venom
No One Per Deck cards may be played this battle.

MHC

One deck I run with the same front line is Spawn/H4H/Beast: The brute/ Dr. Strange(3) with Dr. Strange in the reserve.  Dr. Strange's Marvels card helps on defense.  Running only one 8S teamwork (which could be left out), an Energy/Strength/AnyPower split for 8-level power cards, and only 4 or 5 H4H specials keeps the number of dead draws you have after H4H is killed low.   For specials, I typically run the 11F OPD, two or three of the 6F discard, and 1 of their personal avoid. 

steve2275

i like
hfh serpent society (teammate avoid and negate EJ) captain america (the other 8) (F)
                                                      hawkeye(action leader EJ) in reserve

each front liner can do a special combo
got two AD teammate special protection
got 2 8 damage specials

drdeath25

I liked a deck I used with Spawn/H4H/Xman/Spider Woman 3-stat. The obvious problem with this deck was the no negate. but you got tons off offense, and spawn and spiderwoman with their 9 or lesses, plus x mans power card avoid for defense. You could also use Deathbird in reserve instead. Or even dr strange original or silver sable original in reserve for more defense from reserve. Or go all out and throw Hawkeye in there and just go pure offense.

The deck has good defense, with a couple 9 or less's, and xmans power cards avoid. It lacks a negate which will probably lose you some games, but you also have 2 11 attacks, a JW, and a HY.  H4H will always be the main target though, so you dont want to run to m any cards exclusive to them, since if they die you dont want to be discarding their cards putting you at a disadvantage in future battles.

But the potential offense is huge. You can throw out teamworks with two 10 followups. those are devastating and super hard to defend. Plus the JW's, the two 11 attack specials.

But not having a negate can really kill you when you cant negate the opponents draw 3's or power leech. So maybe holocaust or scarlet witch or a beast would work good instead of xman, since most decks really need them negate's to keep your opponents guessing.

I dont know, but some options to think about if you want to make a deck with a Spawn/H4H frontline.

steve2275

quicksilver (to keep up with the 7 fighting of spawn's (and brother of scarlet witch)
scarlet witch (sister of quicksilver) can negate
spawn
dr.strange (the defending reservist with eldritch blasts special.......screw necromancy)
76 points total

AO user

Quote from: steve2275 on January 24, 2015, 11:33:48 AM
quicksilver (to keep up with the 7 fighting of spawn's (and brother of scarlet witch)
scarlet witch (sister of quicksilver) can negate
spawn
dr.strange (the defending reservist with eldritch blasts special.......screw necromancy)
76 points total
.   Replace everybody but spawn. Now THAT is a tweak!  Thanks for the ideas.  I'll let you know how it goes.   And I'll build the energy deck too! Thanks again. Always open to more ideas.  I can NEVER bring in event themes to help a deck.