cape citadel team

Started by department_J, February 07, 2015, 06:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

department_J

Before asking, let me just say that I hate all of these characters. They have a stupid origin and stupid story. Carlos Pacheco thought them up and yeah, he is a good artist. But they are just so LAME. I have NEVER used any of them just because I think they are so DUMB.

Anyway, I've decided to get over myself and try them out, mostly because of the juicy inherent on their location. Their grids are JUST skewed enough to make the deck build uncomfortably off balance. I'm thinking

Xaos
Crux
Grey King
Rapture (in reserve, hopefully coming up to murder someone with Mercy Killing after my front line wore them down).

Has anyone played with this location and if so, could you offer me any advice? Thanks! 

breadmaster

yeah, weird that they got into op before wasp, a FOUNDING avenger!

besides the fantastic inherent, there's also the aspect

in the last tournament, dave took them to a top 8 finish.  personally, I never use grey king, so it comes down to a combination of the other 5.

xaos almost always makes the cut for his AD

mercury is great on the front line if you use a battlesite (which is a good idea to keep hits off of xaos), since he has the KL.  his HY is also great

since nothing is playable from reserve, one of landslide/crux/rapture usually goes there.  most like crux up front for her chain attacks, so I'd probably use rapture, for the 7f in back

you can also load up on all those little, hard to block specials.  if you dupe them, the homebase will let you grab a power card

OP3

Quote from: department_J on February 07, 2015, 06:47:45 PM
Before asking, let me just say that I hate all of these characters. They have a stupid origin and stupid story. Carlos Pacheco thought them up and yeah, he is a good artist. But they are just so LAME. I have NEVER used any of them just because I think they are so DUMB.

I like the idea of new characters created using a mish-mash of other X-Men's abilities, and their visual designs were pretty great for the most part, but they did not deserve to be in this game over classic characters, classic X-Men, like Angel, or the New Mutants, X-Force, or Generation X for example.  Angel, Cannonball, Sunspot, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Husk, Chamber, M, Shatterstar, Warpath, Blink, Silver Samurai, Sauron, and several other X-Men characters deserved a spot in that set over the likes of them (or Spider-Girl, Taskmaster, or Typhoid Mary, none of whom are X-Men characters).  Especially those listed on Locations.  Some of Cerbero's team have pretty good cards, but I can't bring myself to use any of them either because I'm still so annoyed, 16 years later, that this marketing scheme to sell more then-current comics took precedent over actually improving the game.

steve2275

im a
crux rapture xaos
      mercury

http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php

but for over all defense
mercury rapture xaos