Apocalyptic Minion
Death Cannon
2 Change Outcome
Hex Power
Annihilate
Collateral Damage (Marvels)

Activators,

3 Black Panther - AG, JZ, KM
3 Storm - CD, ON (Marvels) LJ (Morlocks)
3 Hawkeye - EJ, AL, OR (Marvels)
2 Doctor Doom - AH, AC
2 Vision - CN, AA
Beyonder

Power Cards,

8 - E, E, A
7 - E, I, A
6 - E, S, A
5 - I, M, A
4 - S, M
3 - S, M
2 - M
1 - M

Teamworks,

8 E - S + I
7 E - S + I
7 I - E + S
6 S - E + I

Ally,

5 F
5 I

Artifacts,

Image Inducer

Events,

Move Reserve to front line for remainder of battle

KO 1 front line hero

Total: 56

Have at it!

drdeath25

Good deck, I like it, a friend of mine use to play with a deck similar to this (same front-line, at least), and proved it can be quite effective. How did you come to your mission choice, here? I thought Infinity Gauntlet would be great for it with no any heroes and no fighting power cards events. The KO event is awesome and I love it, but it's an interesting choice for this deck, could you explain more to be about your thinking behind TB&TB?

Hot Rod

Quote from: drdeath25 on March 06, 2011, 05:59:35 PM
Good deck, I like it, a friend of mine use to play with a deck similar to this (same front-line, at least), and proved it can be quite effective. How did you come to your mission choice, here? I thought Infinity Gauntlet would be great for it with no any heroes and no fighting power cards events. The KO event is awesome and I love it, but it's an interesting choice for this deck, could you explain more to be about your thinking behind TB&TB?

Thanks man!

That is true, Infinity Gauntlet would be a solid choice as well.  The reason for TB&TB is for the KO combo on Scarlet Witch for the +8 Venture right off the bat, it also brings up Havok with the 7, or 9.  Ontop of that it also brings up the opponents reserve character, which is really nice if it's someone like 3 stat Spider Woman, or Silver Sable, because you can punish him for having a weak reserve character.  With the Black Panther KM you can (afaik) still use Hex Power for venture, even if Scarlet Witch is Dead.  So the idea here is that you always have playable cards, even with the KO event, but your opponent may not.

This deck in general works like a subtle discard deck, between the KO, Storm ON, Hawkeye OR, Onslaught GE, and Holocaust GF.  All of these cards will gain you card advantage, and also provide similar effects to pure avoids.  Even though they are hard to play, you can be extremely greedy with this deck and venture 3+ missions consistently.

BigBadHarve

Nice.

We'll have to test it out. You and your dad available for a small gathering next week? Say Wednesday?

-BBH

Hot Rod

My brother played this deck agaisnt you on the 26th, and from the sounds of it he would have beat you if he knew to negate the Viking Pyre.   :P

I don't know what he's doing next wednesday, and I'm not sure how much of a hurry I'd be in to do the 5 mile walk/bus > train > 3 mile walk/subway > bus > 1-2 kilometre walk untill it warms up some (-22c the last time!).

CoS

i'd love to see the Pyre deck list?

Hot Rod

I'm not sure if BBH will post it before the next tournament, maybe if you coaxed him enough he might.

I would like to see more people post decks card by card, and not be afraid of internet tough guys!

Nate Grey

People posting their decks card by card would certainly prove valuable for me to kind of let me know if I'm on the right track with my deck-building skills.  :)

Kal-el

Quote from: Nate Grey on March 08, 2011, 03:36:54 AM
People posting their decks card by card would certainly prove valuable for me to kind of let me know if I'm on the right track with my deck-building skills.  :)

Agreed. I'm trying to pick up as much as I can, but when I go to put a deck together I'm still somewhat at a loss as to how many of each I should put it. I made a very simple, original OP only, deck last week to play against my brother who is just starting to play and has very limited cards. I got to a place that I wasn't drawing too many dupes/unusables, but it was by no means a powerhouse deck. Specifics on deck contents would be amazing.

Palatinus

How good are the Onslaught expansion cards, because I really don't have very many at all, but they seem pretty popular?

drdeath25

Holocaust is really good.

JohnL

Quote from: Palatinus on April 07, 2011, 10:47:41 PM
How good are the Onslaught expansion cards, because I really don't have very many at all, but they seem pretty popular?

Pretty darn good. Although the set is obviously very small in terms of the number of cards (~30), in terms of playability it was almost like a complete expansion set.

You had:
Onslaught - a dual skill energy/intellect powerhouse. A bit expensive but with lots of useable specials.
Holocaust - a character with a negate when this was becoming an essential feature in decks. Only a level 7 energy but with a 6 in strength Holocaust was actually quite cheap for a two skill character - especially one that had some decent cards.
Post was the weakest link but once Monumental came out Post got some action as Onslaughts Citadel became a popular battlesite and Post had some very battlesite worthy specials

The set was very hard to collect just from the comics because the hero cards were extremely rare. I had to go down to LA the week it came out and visited several big comic stores. I probably looked through hundreds of comics to find a set of the hero cards! Because of the way they were packed in cellophane in the comics you couldn't tell what one of the cards was but if you knew what Overpower cards looked like you could tell if it was a hero or a special.

Palatinus

I was thinking of picking up the cards on eBay, but they are fairly expensive.  It seems like it would be a fun deck to make, though.  And I really enjoyed the Onslaught story lines in the comics.

The Dude

The Onslaught cards were hard to collect at the time but definately worth it.

When Onslaught came out he was arguably best character in the game at the time. If you have to pay 23 points for a grid a triple skilled 8-7-6 is nothing to sneeze at. Plus he had 7ARs in his one off-skill.

Holocaust too is very nice as a dual skill 17 who negates, has a multi 8 and an AG avoid to protect himself, and an attack that heals him if it hits. Even Dark Beast was a tournament staple since he has all the goodness of Beast for 1 point less cost.

The thing that also makes the Onslaught characters fun is they all have unique or very rare tricks.

Onslaught can KO teammates to wipe out venture. No one else does this. In IQ he was given the ability to make himself unattackable unless a target teammate is KO'd first--only Mandarin and Neron can duplicate this strategy.

Holocaust can move hits in his current battle to permanent record to whipe out venture. no one else does this.

Post can make himself immune to events. For a long time no one else could do this, now only Maveick (from the last set released) can do this too. Post can move hits on opponents permanent record back into current battle, no one else can do this. Post can play an oppont's placed cards, no one else can do this.

I think that is ultimately why these cards get mentioned so much, no one else can do these things. That they also exist on the same battlesite also accounts for their popularity

Palatinus

It definitely sounds like a lot of fun.  When I finally get my act together with Overpower Online I think I will put together an Onslaught deck just to see how it plays.