Power card balance

Started by gameplan.exe, March 09, 2011, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

I put a deck together last night that had only 17 Power cards. At first it seemed crazy to me,  but I was really trying to limit all duplicates, so I only had three 7s, 6s, and 5s, then two of everything 4 through 1. I haven't playtested, yet, but I feel like it'll work for me.

I know there can be a huge swing from one deck to another, but generally speaking, how big is your Power Pack? how does the card ratio look (eg, my deck is 17/56 power cards)? what is the distribution (ie, how many 8s, how many 7s, etc.)?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

There are various thoughts on the subject, but my standard is to put 3 of each level.

For 8s, I'll only put 1 or 2 unless the grid is backed up.

I always endeavour to broaden the spectrum, and balance out power types among my specials, universe and power cards, so I'm usually not top-heavy in a single power type. Power card distribution is the place to generate that balance.

-BBH

BasiliskFang

32/69+3 events, any heroes

Kyoujin

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I'd like to revisit this question. 

Is the general deck building guide line the same as stated above?  I'm finding that 17 power cards is all I can fit in along with the other cards in a deck.

How many is everyone running these days?

drdeath25

1 = 2
2 = 2
3 = 2
4 = 2
5 = 2
6 = 2
7 = 2
8 =3

Is what I find myself doing on most of my decks nowadays. But it all depends on your deck. If you have a deck with only one 8-stat character and he is a high priority target for your opponent you may not want to run 3 8's and run a extra 7 instead. Or if your in a deck with no 8 stat you would probably run 3 6's and 7's.

This is just a general template for what I do, but not solid as it's different for every deck i make. It really depends all on your deck, and what your trying to do with it.

Tussin

1 = 2
2 = 2
3 = 2
4 = 2
5 = 3
6 = 3
7 = 3
8 = 2

i tend to go down this formula generally.. and it depends like drdeath25 said, if you have great protection etc for your 1 8 stat character its easier to have 2 to 3 level eight power cards in your deck

or if you have some duplicate feature or retrieval for your deck, its good not to get too crazy with any number of power cards

Kyoujin

Quote from: Tussin on July 21, 2014, 01:46:41 AM
1 = 2
2 = 2
3 = 2
4 = 2
5 = 3
6 = 3
7 = 3
8 = 2

i tend to go down this formula generally.. and it depends like drdeath25 said, if you have great protection etc for your 1 8 stat character its easier to have 2 to 3 level eight power cards in your deck

or if you have some duplicate feature or retrieval for your deck, its good not to get too crazy with any number of power cards

This is the the numeric pattern I've been following, and it seems to be working, but it isn't uncommon to have at least one duplicate power card per game, sometimes two.

I'm trying to build the most efficient deck while minimizing the number of duplicates drawn.

I'd say on average, among all types of cards, I'm drawing three duplicates per game.

I'm going to try the...

1 = 2
2 = 2
3 = 2
4 = 2
5 = 2
6 = 2
7 = 2
8 =3

...that drdeath mentioned.  I really like this build, and my one deck has the grid to support the 3 8s.