Crashed and Burned

Started by gameplan.exe, March 15, 2011, 01:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

What's the deck you built which, after initial construction, you thought would do well, but in the end it crashed and burned?

I'm having trouble thinking of any particular one deck off the top of my head. This happens often enough to me though, that I was thinking of changing my username  :-\
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Ugh. Too numerous to list.

By contrast, I've also had a few decks that exceeded expectations.  ;D  That's always a nice feeling, when you discover that your creation is viable.   

-BBH

rucker73

Hmmmm...  Some of my crashed and burned decks.   I thought to try and maximize the playing attacks face down special by playing a front line of Riddler, Mysterio and the Ray.  I found that having so many specials that don`t defend or attack in my deck really slowed the team down and it was awkward trying to get the specials played.

On a team that overperformed...  my Original Avengers team  Featured the Wasp, Original Armour Iron Man, Thor with Hank Pym in reserve.  I figured it would get massacred, but I think it has a 50% win ratio so far.  Surprisingly strong with Teamworks and Wasp and Iron Man both have the teammate avoids for D.
"Wade! into action!"

Overtime

Quote from: rucker73 on March 15, 2011, 05:30:55 PM
Hmmmm...  Some of my crashed and burned decks.   I thought to try and maximize the playing attacks face down special by playing a front line of Riddler, Mysterio and the Ray.  I found that having so many specials that don`t defend or attack in my deck really slowed the team down and it was awkward trying to get the specials played.

On a team that overperformed...  my Original Avengers team  Featured the Wasp, Original Armour Iron Man, Thor with Hank Pym in reserve.  I figured it would get massacred, but I think it has a 50% win ratio so far.  Surprisingly strong with Teamworks and Wasp and Iron Man both have the teammate avoids for D.

Interesting! I've never seen or heard of anyone using a deck with Wasp.