The Gifted

Started by Tussin, November 21, 2017, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tussin

inspired by the latest TV Show, i thought i would see what could happen. Morlocks function as the general band of mutants/extras in the show. start Blink in reserve

Homebase: Marvel Universe ~ Opponent's Team is -1 to Venture Total per Battle. ~

Team: 72

Polaris           7-3-3-4 (17) ~ May attack with Energy Power cards while in Reserve. ~
Blink              7-5-3-3 (18) ~ May Defend Frontline With Power Cards From Reserve. ~
Thunderbird  2-6-7-3 (18)
The Morlocks 6-3-8-2 (19)

Mission: Age of Apocalypse

Battlesite: The Outback

Battlesite Specials: 12

Dazzler - Roller Queen (AD)
Dazzler - Disco Diva (JH)
Jubilee - Blinding Flare (AG)
Jubilee - Troublemaker (DB)
Longshot - Roll with the Punches (DO)
Longshot - Fortunate Accident (HL)
The Reavers - Deathstrike (GL) [OPD]
The Reavers - Cybernetic Rebirth (LG)
Sentinels - Robot Mentality (AR)
Sentinels - Master Mold (EE)
Wolverine - Savage Regression (EQ)
Wolverine - Tracking Senses (OB)

Aspect Cards: 1
Any-Homebase - A-Next [OPD]

Specials: 21

Polaris - Ensnare (OPD)
Polaris - Direct Energy Flow
Polaris - Manipulative Magnetism
Polaris - Manipulative Magnetism
Polaris - Reverse Polarity
Polaris - Reverse Polarity
Thunderbird - Ultimate Sacrifice (OPD)
Thunderbird - Apache Warrior
Thunderbird - Apache Warrior
Thunderbird - Cellular Density
Thunderbird - Cellular Density
Thunderbird - Keen Senses
The Morlocks - Leech (OPD)
The Morlocks - Caliban
The Morlocks - Caliban
The Morlocks - Callisto
The Morlocks - Run From Slaughter
The Morlocks - Run From Slaughter
Blink - "Blink" (OPD)
Blink - Teleportation Warp (OPD)
Blink - Energy Javelin

Power cards: 19
Energy: 5 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 7
Fighting:
Strength: 8 8
Intellect:
Multi-Power: 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4
Any-Power:

Teamwork cards: 4
1 * Energy 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Strength and Intellect
1 * Energy 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Strength and Fighting
1 * Strength 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Energy and Intellect
1 * Strength 8 or more to use, follow-ups in Energy and Fighting

Artifact cards: 0

Event cards: 2
* MARTYR FOR THE CAUSE <MC> {R} Angel
All hits in the Permanent Record of all Front Line Heroes are moved to the Permanent Record of one Front Line Hero.
* TIMEWARPER! <MN> {R} Legion
For remainder of battle, each Player may either take his turn or Place 1 card.

Total cards: 59

justa

if you're not locked in on which homemade specials you use for Blink, there's also a BP (Infiltration Artist) and an MT (Portal) out there that can be played from Reserve.  sorry, but i didn't feel like taking the time to find them all over again to repost them.  i'm pretty sure they were both on this site somewhere.

i too have been watching The Gifted.  IMHO while it's not Xtraordinary, i'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt.  it's definitely better put-together than Agents of SHIELD was in its first season.  (though Shield has gotten better, and Inhumans wasn't bad.)  your OP team hits the nail on the head.

Zer0evil

I've been watching it too. Hope they move along, kinda bored with them sitting around in that building all the time. Has potential though.
"Excelsior!" - that one old dude who shows up in all the Marvel movies.

Tussin

i've enjoyed all the shows so far, some things could be better. Legion was cool too.

i was using some of the specials for Blink i found on the overpower reboot list. i can't seem to find the specials from the overpower power balance set. my cards are currently in storage ha =[

right now im finalizing the deck and just trying to pinpoint what battlesite i want to utilize :)

justa

Legion was f'ed up beyond the max.  i couldn't tell what was really happening from what was only mental construct, which i think was what was intended.  but the representation they had of Shadow King helped me get over the mind trips.

fennshysa

Nice deck. I love themed stuff!

I've watched the first few episodes. I like it better than Agents or Inhumans. Of course I've always been an X-Fan.

Zer0evil

I haven't seen Inhumans yet but I really liked Agents and Carter. The DC shows also have some good episodes here and there.

Tussin

yea i would recommend watching Agents of Shield before Inhumans so you can understand the climate and references :)

fennshysa

After the first episode of Inhumans I felt like rooting for Maximus. Marvel has never quite hit the right note for their TV shows with me. Movies are awesome but for small screen I much prefer DC.

Flash is the best in my opinion, always a winner. The first 2 seasons of Arrow were spectacular with 3 being good at times too. I quite enjoyed the 2nd half of season 5 also. Legends of Tomorrow has some awesome episodes too.

Zer0evil

Yeah I really like most of the DC shows.  I've seen all of AOS up to current, should I watch Inhumans before the new season of AOS comes out?

Tussin

if you finished season 4 for Agents of Shield, i would say yes you can watch Inhumans now. i haven't seen what AoS season 5 will be, so i can't say what would be best. but it does work good now, i guess depending on the scenario of season 5 will determine where it falls best. if it goes into space? or tries to connect to the outer cosmos/universe now?

justa

from the promos i've seen, the next season of AoS will be Starjammers & the Brood.

Zer0evil

Really? Will be interesting to see how that goes.

fennshysa

What? Starjammers and the Brood!   I might have to start watching again.

justa

from the commercial i saw, i thought i recognized Corsair, Ch'od, and a Brood or Broodling (not sure which).  but looking at the imdb casts, the Kree are the only character names that i recognize.  so who knows for sure?  (they try to keep a lid on stuff like that.)