Morph: Power Mimic!

Started by metaphist, April 15, 2011, 03:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaphist

I had a nice trick in the main deck I'm running with Zealot and Darkness. You can play Kherubim and then Demigod of the Dark on Zealot to create total negation protection. The problem was Zealot often died first, not to mention that I had Darkness in reserve so I pretty much never got around to it anyway.

However, I then realized I had Morph in the AoE battlesite, with a little diddy called Power Mimic, that easily replaces Demigod in the effect by mimicking Kherubim for another teammate! It's also far more flexible as an activator...

I then realized there simply had to be some other cute tricks with Power Mimic :P

CoS

I love this! Use AoA as a battlesite  and total protection! too bad Moph is not on any sites with Gift of the God heroes (Thor, Inhumans, and Ghost Rider). Would love to get that combo out hand 2-3.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: metaphist on April 15, 2011, 03:37:45 PM
I had a nice trick in the main deck I'm running with Zealot and Darkness. You can play Kherubim and then Demigod of the Dark on Zealot to create total negation protection. The problem was Zealot often died first, not to mention that I had Darkness in reserve so I pretty much never got around to it anyway.

However, I then realized I had Morph in the AoE battlesite, with a little diddy called Power Mimic, that easily replaces Demigod in the effect by mimicking Kherubim for another teammate! It's also far more flexible as an activator...

I then realized there simply had to be some other cute tricks with Power Mimic :P

Can DEMIGOD OF THE DARK be negated in subsequent hands?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

metaphist

Quote from: ncannelora on April 15, 2011, 04:22:07 PMCan DEMIGOD OF THE DARK be negated in subsequent hands?

Nope, since Kherubim protects all teammate's specials until Kherubim is negated, and you can't negate Kherumin under the protection of Demigod. Lockdown  ;)

Jack

A KL card would remove both. :P

metaphist

Quote from: Jack on April 15, 2011, 04:41:50 PM
A KL card would remove both. :P

Quite true. And it's pretty hard to achieve if you're opponent saves a negate for Kherubim anyway. But it's still pretty cool.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: metaphist on April 15, 2011, 04:36:35 PM
Quote from: ncannelora on April 15, 2011, 04:22:07 PMCan DEMIGOD OF THE DARK be negated in subsequent hands?

Nope, since Kherubim protects all teammate's specials until Kherubim is negated, and you can't negate Kherumin under the protection of Demigod. Lockdown  ;)

Right! well then that is a really cool effect!  8)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27