Falls Edge Compound

Started by CoS, April 16, 2011, 11:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoS

So I have concluded that this homebase has one of the best non-OPD Aspect cards in the game. My problem is constructing a deck with the heroes listed due to their mis-matched power grids.  I am willing to run all 4 AP 5-8 as well as the Stat-changing artifacts. I think that the Outback is an appropriately defensive battlesite. I just can't put (on paper even) a devilish deck together to my satisfaction.

Presupposition:

1) Sabertooth must be included as he is the only 8 stat.
2) Strong Guy must be in reserve (Pile it on and avoid S fir others)

After this I'm stumped. I understand the inherent strengths of single color teams and the small benifit of spectrum teamworks by multiple color teams. I have always favored matching stat teams for defense and redundancy. Obviously that won't happen here.

Please provide assistance. I'd even run 1-2 specials for each front line plus a KO event if it would help.

Nostalgic

Ironic you post this as just last night I was trying to figure out this rubix cube of a homebase... :P  The team I was trying to make work was stat-3 mystique, havoc:mutant x, polaris, and strong guy in reserve. I was building the team in the context of trying out a house rule, but it still didn't really work.  :-\
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

Quote from: CoS on April 16, 2011, 11:11:16 AM
So I have concluded that this homebase has one of the best non-OPD Aspect cards in the game. My problem is constructing a deck with the heroes listed due to their mis-matched power grids.  I am willing to run all 4 AP 5-8 as well as the Stat-changing artifacts. I think that the Outback is an appropriately defensive battlesite. I just can't put (on paper even) a devilish deck together to my satisfaction.

Presupposition:

1) Sabertooth must be included as he is the only 8 stat.
2) Strong Guy must be in reserve (Pile it on and avoid S fir others)

After this I'm stumped. I understand the inherent strengths of single color teams and the small benifit of spectrum teamworks by multiple color teams. I have always favored matching stat teams for defense and redundancy. Obviously that won't happen here.

Please provide assistance. I'd even run 1-2 specials for each front line plus a KO event if it would help.

I have thought these exact things for the past few months.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Onslaught

I built one of these recently, and it's surprisingly decent.

Sabretooth, Polaris, _______, Strong Guy is the only way to go. Havok gives you some stat backup, Forge gives you extra teamworks and the GA's are going to help the aspect hit. Either way, this deck needs a battlesite for defense. Mission sets to consider: KO event if you are using Havok, Eye of the Storm (turning off avoids makes the aspect really hard to block), Infinity Gauntlet for Mad God Raises Dead.

If you can make it into the powerpack with Sabretooth alive and an aspect placed, you're in really good shape. So, using Eye of the Storm (with the event that will slow them down from winning by missions) with X-World (Goblyn Queen OPD on Sabretooth) is one way to go. If you use Mad God Raises Dead to make sure Sabretooth stays alive, you have more freedom with the battlesite but most likely will have trouble making the game last to the powerpack. Outback is a really good battlesite for this homebase: Sentinels GA to help the aspect hit, Tracking Senses is devastating if successful, Wisecrack (if you have Pretty Boy to protect Sabretooth) can clear out all their powercard blocks to make the aspect hit, etc. You could use Deathstrike/Gods of stone for a solid anti-DOW plan too.

There are some nice little moments with this deck, like the Polaris OPD turning off a teammate avoid to allow the aspect to hit, or hitting someone with the aspect when they have a special card for that character in hand (sending X-Man packing while he's holding a now unusable Street Prophet is pretty delicious). Since the only reason to use this team at all is to abuse Quarantine, just make sure your missions and battlesite are both helping it hit as much as possible. The current build I have is running four Quarantine, but I can even see it going as high as five...

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Onslaught on April 16, 2011, 04:59:46 PM
I built one of these recently, and it's surprisingly decent.

Sabretooth, Polaris, _______, Strong Guy is the only way to go. Havok gives you some stat backup, Forge gives you extra teamworks and the GA's are going to help the aspect hit. Either way, this deck needs a battlesite for defense. Mission sets to consider: KO event if you are using Havok, Eye of the Storm (turning off avoids makes the aspect really hard to block), Infinity Gauntlet for Mad God Raises Dead.

If you can make it into the powerpack with Sabretooth alive and an aspect placed, you're in really good shape. So, using Eye of the Storm (with the event that will slow them down from winning by missions) with X-World (Goblyn Queen OPD on Sabretooth) is one way to go. If you use Mad God Raises Dead to make sure Sabretooth stays alive, you have more freedom with the battlesite but most likely will have trouble making the game last to the powerpack. Outback is a really good battlesite for this homebase: Sentinels GA to help the aspect hit, Tracking Senses is devastating if successful, Wisecrack (if you have Pretty Boy to protect Sabretooth) can clear out all their powercard blocks to make the aspect hit, etc. You could use Deathstrike/Gods of stone for a solid anti-DOW plan too.

There are some nice little moments with this deck, like the Polaris OPD turning off a teammate avoid to allow the aspect to hit, or hitting someone with the aspect when they have a special card for that character in hand (sending X-Man packing while he's holding a now unusable Street Prophet is pretty delicious). Since the only reason to use this team at all is to abuse Quarantine, just make sure your missions and battlesite are both helping it hit as much as possible. The current build I have is running four Quarantine, but I can even see it going as high as five...

Four or Five of any card seems excessive. You didn't run into lots of dup's?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

CoS

I'd like to see a decklist with outback... I'm tempted to run double diget activators. Less Falls Edge hero specials and the KO event with Havok.

Palatinus

Quote from: ncannelora on April 16, 2011, 05:37:05 PM
Four or Five of any card seems excessive. You didn't run into lots of dup's?

Not necessarily excessive given the right build.  Think about the tracking senses.  You might get two Aspects off in one turn which slims you down to 2 or three in the rest of the deck.

gameplan.exe

So, I've just recently built this team and it seems to do alright, so I thought I'd share.

Line Up:
Mystq - CA
Forge - 5M GA GA GA CD
StrGuy - 8A 8A AV CG BS
Sabes - 7S AD AD
Battlesite: Outback - Dzz AD IA, Jub DB AG, Lon 5E DO, Sen GA EE, Wol AC FD (opd), Beyonder
Power Cards: 8ffa, 7fsia, 6sia, 5ma, 4ff, 3ff, 2ff, 1ff
Teamworks: 6F+si, 6S+fi, 6I+fs
Dble Shots: 6s6i+F, 6i6s+F
Aspects: A-Next, 6e, 6e, 6e
Events: Brave and the Bold - BATMAN VS. KANTO  (ko event) & DARKSEID'S ELITE (offense I.A.s +1)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on June 15, 2012, 06:47:57 PM
So, I've just recently built this team and it seems to do alright, so I thought I'd share.

Line Up:
Mystq - CA
Forge - 5M GA GA GA CD
StrGuy - 8A 8A AV CG BS
Sabes - 7S AD AD
Battlesite: Outback - Dzz AD IA, Jub DB AG, Lon 5E DO, Sen GA EE, Wol AC FD (opd), Beyonder
Power Cards: 8ffa, 7fsia, 6sia, 5ma, 4ff, 3ff, 2ff, 1ff
Teamworks: 6F+si, 6S+fi, 6I+fs
Dble Shots: 6s6i+F, 6i6s+F
Aspects: A-Next, 6e, 6e, 6e
Events: Brave and the Bold - BATMAN VS. KANTO  (ko event) & DARKSEID'S ELITE (offense I.A.s +1)
not even the 6 any basic universe?