Race To The Power Pack

Started by gameplan.exe, May 19, 2011, 10:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

I've recently gained a new appreciation for building a deck to win in the Power Pack. Because of that, I've also gained a new appreciation (although I've always liked it) for New Universe and Fortress Of Solitude.

Recently, I was sorting through all of the Event cards and I came accross this, from Eye Of The Storm:

Quote* File #061906.02  {C}
        Move all Mission cards currently in the Completed Missions Pile into
            the Reserve Missions Pile.

I always considered this a pretty lame card, since it has the potential to hurt me a lot and help my opponent catch up. But then, I was thinking, this card could go a long way toward getting the game to the Power Pack. Until that card comes up, I can be fairly conservative in what I place, and not worry so much about conceding battles from the top, etc... So, it raised 2 questions for me:

How well can this card work for me, toward getting to the Power Pack quicker/easier?

I know of some potentially great, character-specific Specials, but what other, less-obvious, cards have you found helpful (e.g., other Events or a particular Battlesite)?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

LRoq617

In looking at the JM code specials (moving a mission from one pile to another, OPD), apparently only Voodoo's helps in this quest, as her Dangerous Dancer special moves one mission from the Completed to the Reserve. Sadly, the only location she graces is Coda Island, which is a horrible battlesite, so maybe it's best forgotten.

Palatinus

I'm using the Eye of the Storm mission with my Department H deck mainly for that very event.  I am not trying to get to the power pack per se, I'm actually trying to make the deck a hit and run deck where I smash my opponent with a powerful teamwork, maybe get another hit in, but then concede.  This card helps me keep my opponent from winning by missions while I take out their characters with powerful teamwork attacks.