Beyonder X

Started by LRoq617, May 24, 2011, 12:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRoq617

I've never built a Beyonder deck before, so this is my first attempt. Also, no Marvels here. I'd love some feedback/opinions.

Beyonder X (named as such due to his 3 teammates)

Beyonder / Xaos / X-Babies / X-Man (R)

Any Hero - Bastion, Confusion, Death From Above, DoW, Gamma Terror, Guardian Angel, Power Leech, Fortress of Solitude, Webhead
Xaos - NI x2, AD x3
X-Babies - HO x2, AG x3, AO x3, CC x2
X-Man - GJ x2, CW, EE x3, MC

E - 888 777 666 55
F - 3 2
S - 3 2
I - 11
M - 44 5

Teamwork 6E +FS
Teamwork 7E +FS
Teamwork 8E + FS
Ally <5I

The Crossing Mission w/Heroes Avenge Murder event.

...Comes out to exactly 56. No real goal here, just lots of good specials and defense. Teamworks are a bit light, but Beyonder really can't get much in the way of dual gridding AND consistency, unless you're using Rhino or Shadow King, I suppose.

Anyway, criticize away.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: LRoq617 on May 24, 2011, 12:29:29 AM

Anyway, criticize away.

Umm, okay. You could probably use some exercise! Get away from the computer and get some fresh air you lazy git!  :P

Oh, you mean the deck.   ;D

It's a good combo. Beyonder teams can be a lot of fun. I think you you will likely run into a lot of duping. You can get away with more Xaos cards. Xaos has a lot of good specials, and none of the OPD, which is great for a Beyonder Team.

Remember when running Any Heroes on a Beyonder team that Beyonder can't play OPDs. So He can't run your Any Heroes or teammate's OPDs. Not a huge deal in the end, but something to be aware of.

Let us know how your games go!

-BBH

Onslaught

Try to find ways to cut down on the dupes of some of the lower hits to venture. For starters, try:

-1 level 5 powercard
-1 Lil' Dazzler
-1 Xaos 5S
+1 A-Next
+1 Hideout Discovered
+1 To Save the World

Even though you only have 3 teamworks to fill up space, your dupes are still pretty low...so it should flow nicely. You want X-Man in reserve to keep him from being attacked as long as possible (obviously your main goal with this deck is to make sure you aren't left with X-Babies/Beyonder), so I'd cut the Illusory. Also, even two Lil' Dazzler is probably overkill because X-Man will be the main target after you play the KO event, so consider:

-1 Illusory
-1 Lil Dazzler
+1 Xaos 4M
+1 Lil' Rogue

If you ever decide to switch to a battlesite, you can keep it slim with 9 activators and still clean the deck up even more by dropping an X-Man 4M or one of the X-babies attacks for Lil' Iceman.

LRoq617

I actually wasn't aware of the OPD rule, so yes, that's a perfect reason to cut Illusory. I also don't know how I forgot about A-Next.

The other reason to keep X-Man in reserve was to backup the 8-stat, but you're also right in that he'll likely be a big target. As far as the dupes are concerned, I did a few test draws on OP Online and I was surprised at how few dupe hands I was getting. Most of said dupes were power cards and not specials, which was even more of a surprise. All that said, I'll still likely make the necessary changes just to avoid any uncertainties.

LRoq617

Here's one I didn't think of: What about swapping out X-Babies for 3-stat Magneto? Same points value, still has an 8, solid non-OPD specials...

CoS

you lose the negate, the 6S -4, and lil' iceman, to gain an 8E stat and an lvl 6 AR and a 4M :( I'd stay with the babies.

LRoq617

Quote from: CoS on May 30, 2011, 08:53:35 PM
you lose the negate, the 6S -4, and lil' iceman, to gain an 8E stat and an lvl 6 AR and a 4M :( I'd stay with the babies.

You forgot the 11A, but still, a valid point. The negate alone is worth it.

CoS

i was thinking Beyonder playable specials but yes, you lose the 11AP and the AV as well  ;-)