A Question Regarding Battlesites

Started by CoS, June 10, 2011, 02:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoS

So, i have a fair sized collection, however I don't have 4-5 of all the R or VR hero cards.  I would like to have 1/2 a dozen decks ready to play with and would like to build battlesites for them.  If somone has the number crunching power would you please tell me which of the currently avaliable battlesites have the most number of C or UC heroes on them? I have a TON of heroes from original & MC then it is basically 1-2 of them after that...

thanks!

BigBadHarve

For my money, I'd go with:

Danger Room
Cape Citadel
Hell's Kitchen
Krakoa
Outback

Each of these is relatively easy to find cards for. I think everyone's cards on the Danger room except Iceman are all common or uncommon.

Same with Cape Citadel.

Outback has some rares  - Wolverine, Longshot, Reavers... but they aren't impossible or expensive to acquire.

-BBH

Jack

I'll run the numbers when I get home.

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 08:18:36 PM

Very rough number crunching:
CAPE CITADEL                                  6
DAILY BUGLE                                   6
DANGER ROOM                                   6
KRAKOA                                        6
LATVERIA                                      6
RAVENCROFT                                    6
SHIP                                          6
X-WORLD                                       6
AVALON                                        5
AVENGERS MANSION                              5
LANDAU, LUCKMAN, & LAKE                       5
MUIR ISLAND                                   5
STARK ENTERPRISES                             5
WUNDAGORE MOUNTAIN                            5
ASTEROID M                                    4
BIG APPLE                                     4
DEPARTMENT H                                  4
FALL'S EDGE COMPOUND                          4
FOUR FREEDOMS PLAZA                           4
GAMMA BASE                                    4
MADRIPOOR                                     4
OUTBACK                                       4
SAVAGE LAND                                   4
WAKANDA                                       4
X-MANSION                                     4
BLUE AREA OF THE MOON                         3
HELLICARRIER                                  3
MOJOWORLD                                     3
PRINCESS BAR                                  3
SEWER                                         3
VAULT                                         3
AGE OF APOCALYPSE                             2
CODA ISLAND                                   2
CONCRETE JUNGLE                               2
MORLOCK TUNNELS                               2
NEW YORK CITY                                 2
OUTER SPACE                                   2
SPAWN'S ALLEY                                 2
HELL'S KITCHEN                                1
ONSLAUGHT'S CITADEL                           1
SANCTUM SANCTORUM                             1

# of C and U characters in each location.

Oscorp

hmmm  Surprised by Daily Bugle and Latveria...  Venom, Spidey and Scarlet Spider were all tough finds as well as Dr.D and Mr.F
I'm rubber and you're glue...

CoS

Jack-

this list is Exactly what I am looking for! Thank you for your assistance! :)
The top 3 most effective "uncommon/common battlesites" that i can see...

Danger Room
Ship
X-World

Anyone have a reason to dispute this? (I am going for the Negate as must in any battlesite ... sorry Krakoa)

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 08:18:24 PM

Quote from: Oscorp on June 10, 2011, 08:43:58 PM
hmmm  Surprised by Daily Bugle and Latveria...  Venom, Spidey and Scarlet Spider were all tough finds as well as Dr.D and Mr.F

Yea- I don't have nearly enough Scarlet Spiders.... Nor Mr. Fantastics. (Dr. Doom came in a starter so i have a dozen or so of him if you need some)

I have an incredibly UNSORTED collection.  The problem is that I keep buying loose collections online via eBay and it causes me to reshuffle and tear apart any hope of organizatino I previously had.  I have appprximatly 6 1000 ct boxes currently... All in differnt forms of sorting/organization.  If I could ever get everything up to date I am sure that i could get my trade site page up to date!

gameplan.exe

Quote from: CoS on June 10, 2011, 08:48:09 PM
Jack-

this list is Exactly what I am looking for! Thank you for your assistance! :)
The top 3 most effective "uncommon/common battlesites" that i can see...

Danger Room
Ship
X-World

Anyone have a reason to dispute this? (I am going for the Negate as must in any battlesite ... sorry Krakoa)

I wholy endorse these  ;D

It's funny, because I'm an X-Fanboy and I always felt like I was just being a nerd using these three battlesites so much, but I'm glad the numbers point to why: Some of the best for the cost (in terms of (non) rare activators)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

The numbers are probably slightly off, I put the unspecified rarity as 1, which is probably a bad idea. Let me run them again...

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 08:18:11 PM

CAPE CITADEL                                                 6     CRUX,GREY KING,LANDSLIDE,MERCURY,RAPTURE,XAOS                                                                 
DANGER ROOM                                                  6     BISHOP,GAMBIT,ICEMAN,ROGUE,ANGEL,BEAST                                                                         
RAVENCROFT                                                   6     CARNAGE,DOCTOR OCTOPUS,GREEN GOBLIN,HOBGOBLIN,MYSTERIO,RHINO                                                   
X-WORLD                                                      6     ANGEL,BEAST,GOBLYN QUEEN,HAVOK,ICEMAN,STORM                                                                   
KRAKOA                                                       5     ANGEL,COLOSSUS,POLARIS,SUNFIRE,THUNDERBIRD                                                                     
LATVERIA                                                     5     DOCTOR DOOM,HUMAN TORCH,INVISIBLE WOMAN,SILVER SURFER,THING                                                   
MUIR ISLAND                                                  5     CAPTAIN BRITAIN,COLOSSUS,NIGHTCRAWLER,PROFESSOR X,SHADOWCAT                                                   
SHIP                                                         5     ANGEL,BEAST,CYCLOPS,ICEMAN,JEAN GREY                                                                           
WUNDAGORE MOUNTAIN                                           5     COLOSSUS,DOCTOR DOOM,NIGHTCRAWLER,OMEGA RED,QUICKSILVER                                                       
AVENGERS MANSION                                             4     BLACK WIDOW,HULK,THOR,VISION                                                                                   
FALL'S EDGE COMPOUND                                         4     HAVOK,MYSTIQUE,POLARIS,SABRETOOTH                                                                             
GAMMA BASE                                                   4     DOC SAMSON,HULK,LEADER,THUNDERBOLTS                                                                           
STARK ENTERPRISES                                            4     HAWKEYE,IRON MAN,SPIDER-WOMAN,WAR MACHINE                                                                     
WAKANDA                                                      4     DOCTOR DOOM,HAWKEYE,STORM,VISION                                                                               
ASTEROID M                                                   3     MYSTIQUE,QUICKSILVER,ROGUE                                                                                     
AVALON                                                       3     BISHOP,COLOSSUS,PROFESSOR X                                                                                   
BIG APPLE                                                    3     FALCON,MORBIUS,THUNDERBOLTS                                                                                   
DEPARTMENT H                                                 3     DEADPOOL,OMEGA RED,SABRETOOTH                                                                                 
FOUR FREEDOMS PLAZA                                          3     HUMAN TORCH,INVISIBLE WOMAN,THING                                                                             
MOJOWORLD                                                    3     DAZZLER,MOJO,PSYLOCKE                                                                                         
OUTBACK                                                      3     DAZZLER,JUBILEE,SENTINELS                                                                                     
X-MANSION                                                    3     CYCLOPS,JEAN GREY,PROFESSOR X                                                                                 
AGE OF APOCALYPSE                                            2     MORPH,SHADOWCAT                                                                                               
BLUE AREA OF THE MOON                                        2     JEAN GREY,QUICKSILVER                                                                                         
CONCRETE JUNGLE                                              2     PUNISHER,SILVER SABLE                                                                                         
DAILY BUGLE                                                  2     GREEN GOBLIN,SCORPION                                                                                         
HELLICARRIER                                                 2     BLACK WIDOW,DOC SAMSON                                                                                         
LANDAU, LUCKMAN, & LAKE                                      2     DEADPOOL,PSYLOCKE                                                                                             
MADRIPOOR                                                    2     OMEGA RED,PSYLOCKE                                                                                             
MORLOCK TUNNELS                                              2     SABRETOOTH,STORM                                                                                               
NEW YORK CITY                                                2     STRYKER,VELOCITY                                                                                               
OUTER SPACE                                                  2     BROOD,SILVER SURFER                                                                                           
PRINCESS BAR                                                 2     SABRETOOTH,SHADOWCAT                                                                                           
SAVAGE LAND                                                  2     KA-ZAR,ROGUE                                                                                                   
SEWER                                                        2     MOLE MAN,ANGEL                                                                                                 
SPAWN'S ALLEY                                                2     CURSE,OVERTKILL                                                                                               
VAULT                                                        2     HOBGOBLIN,RHINO                                                                                               
CODA ISLAND                                                  1     GRUNGE                                                                                                         
ONSLAUGHT'S CITADEL                                          1     SENTINELS                                                                                                     
SANCTUM SANCTORUM                                            1     SILVER SURFER                                                                                                 

CoS

So by these numbers the person who comes to a tournament with a Sanctum Sanctorum or Onslaught Citadel Battlesite has a MESS of cards to be able to afford that many Rare or VR heroes to adequately stock it. (Both of them are very effective and I have seen included in top tier decks).

Jack

I excluded promotional cards from the list. Onslaught's Citidel is probably a 5 in terms of ease of obtaining cards (they're $8/set of heroes if they're in stock). Getting activators might be tougher.