Need Inspiartion

Started by Ravencroft, June 18, 2011, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravencroft

I want to build a new deck that uses characters that never get their day in the sun, where i play at least. I see alot of beast and Mojo, and Dazzler in decks. Here is what i have been considering as of now.
7e themed deck
Pheonix, Banshee, Iceman(maybe), Hazard(maybe), Storm(maybe), Mandarin(eh), Havok(eh)...
I have trouble envisioning where this could go. I don't want it to be a teamwork powerhouse. I really would like to have just a single 7e per character.

The other is a max 6 deck on the same theme of underused people.
Multiple Man, Post, Penguin(?), Mystique(?), New Warriors(?), Crux etc...

Depending on the individual defense of the characters i will consider any heroes or a battlesite. I have a fever, for poorly designed OP characters.

gameplan.exe

I love the ideas! Do you use THE MARVELS? that makes a difference with some of these other 7E characters. I will say that I'm a huge fan of Storm lately. Her I.A. is a good one and she has a few really great specials (AQ, OE, AH, CD)

As for the max-6ers, do you want dual-grids? You mentioned a few, but you mentioned using single-grids on the 7e team...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

CoS

Banshee(r), Iceman, Cyclops, and Sufer in a Pre-DC era were a top tier team. With the ability to two hit KO your opponents heroes (Each one is capable of throwing a 10+ attack which was helpful in the era of 9 or less avoids and no battlesites).

7E (non-dual grid) underused (i.e. not top tiere) current meta heroes?

Crystal
Cyclops (if using the Marvels)
Goblyn Queen
Green Lantern
Hazard (hey he does have a draw 3)
Metropolis S.C.U. (they do have an 11E)
Polaris
Phoenix
Storm
Sunfire
WhiteQueen (perhaps too good?)
X-Men:Original Team
Xaos

Good Luck!

Ravencroft

No i do not use the marvels.
I ended up going with X-men: Original, Storm, Mandarin, Banshee(r). Its a training deck. That's right i am packing training cards. Its not supposed to be the most effective deck but it certainly catches people off-guard.

Yes the 6s deck i would like to be dual 6s. Post, Multiple Man, etc.

drdeath25

Quote from: Ravencroft on June 19, 2011, 05:44:14 PM

Thank You!

Its a training deck. That's right i am packing training cards.

Dammit!  :'(

gameplan.exe

I unintentionally built one of these decks, too! I was trying to build around Storm (her grid, inherent, and OE special). I also love themes, and wanted to go with a NEW X-MEN team, which also worked as an Age Of Apocalypse deck (so I used that Mission, too  ;))

Roster
Dazzler     6E BY AD
Storm       8M 4IS OE AT AH CD
Banshee 11E 5I 4F BY AG DS
Sunfire      9M 4S* 3F
Any Hero - AA, AC, AG, AR, BQ, BY, DB, EN, ZZ
Aspect - ANext
Universe - (TW) 7E+FI, 6E+FI, (Ally) 5F, 5S (Training) F/I +4, F/I + 3
Events - No TW cards / No Str PC / Martyr / Rescue Defeated Missions / HIDEOUT DISCOVERED!
Power Cards - 7eee, 6eee, 5fff, 4ii, 3ii, 2ii, 1ii
* from THE MARVELS

Initially, this deck seemed kinda vanilla to me. As it developed, though, it looks like it has a few things going for it...

I figure it'll work pretty well on the Card Advantage front. Having the 4 different card advantage cards (Absorb Sound, Gathering Winds, Shatter Shriek, Power Leech) and also the BQ - could work out really well. I was a little wary of using Dazzler's BY, but I figured I would already be limiting my Power Card E icons, to take advantage of Storm's OE. Then, I realized I'd only be using 1 Special per character that has an E icon. With limited TW cards (through the Event), that wasn't much of a problem either.

It has some pounding available, with good draws (11, 9, 8 ) and it also has some good stringing available through Dazzler's FE and Banshee's own JC/AA combo - plus I'm using 3 Ally cards (high for me).

Looks like the biggest problem will be defense, but hopefully, the Martyr Event will help that. Speaking of which...

The hits available to spectrum are very, very balanced. So, hopefully, the Martyr Event will also function similar to the KO Event. If I have a lot of hits on me, Dazzler can go, since she only has 3 unique cards.

Edit: Updated the deck to it's current form.
Added Training cards, added HIDEOUT Event, removed an ally, removed a few power cards.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

I ended up going with X-men: Original, Storm, Mandarin, Banshee(r). Its a training deck. That's right i am packing training cards. Its not supposed to be the most effective deck but it certainly catches people off-guard.
what
dont like the concrete jungle? :P