Deck Idea help

Started by gameplan.exe, June 20, 2011, 12:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

So, tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I want to make a deck with soem married people. The only characters I know off the top of my head, that are married, are Cyclops and Jean. I know in the AoA, Magneto and Rogue were married, but I'm having trouble recalling any other married couples who are rep'd in OP. Help?

Also, any characters will do, since I'm gonna make this in OPOnline, so I won't be restricted to my X-Collection  ;D

Post Merge: July 11, 2011, 10:07:10 PM

duh! totally forgot about Reed and Sue!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Kal-el

Storm and Black Panther are married. Batman and Catwoman were married on Earth-2 I believe. And Superman and Wonder Woman in Kingdom Come. Wasp and Henry Pym if you're playing Marvels.

That's really all I can think of. That's weird. I would have expected more.

gameplan.exe

Well, and I suppose Alpha Flight has Guardian and Vindicator on it, that sort of works...

also, thanks for that, Kal-el. I had no idea that Black Panther and Storm actually got married! I figured Batman and Catwoman probably got married at some point in the DC Earths, too; good to have that confirmed.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Scarlet Witch and Vision.

I think Crystal and Quicksilver were married at some point.

Polaris and Havok are also an item, though I'm not sure about marital status.... Same with Black Canary and Green Arrow.

If you want to 'cheat' you can always use Spider Man with the Mary Jane Watson Ally card, or Superman with the Lois Lane Ally.

-BBH

PS: Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! ;)

gameplan.exe

ooh, also Dazzler and Longshot!

(btw, @BBH, I have to side with Quicksilver on this one: marriage to a robot doesn't count  >:()

So, I want to make something of a cohesive team, still. I think I'll go with

Crystal Quicksilver Cyclops JeanGrey(R)
(hey look at that! I ended up with an X-Team afterall  ;))

That's an Energy team with some real UMPH! I'll be using THE MARVELS, so that'll give me some okay defense, but tons of offense, which is fine with me.

MARRIAGE FTW!!
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Palatinus

Quote from: ncannelora on June 20, 2011, 02:20:11 PM

(btw, @BBH, I have to side with Quicksilver on this one: marriage to a robot doesn't count  >:()

That's an Energy team with some real UMPH! I'll be using THE MARVELS, so that'll give me some okay defense, but tons of offense, which is fine with me.

MARRIAGE FTW!!

I don't know if the sum works out, but you could always use Goblyn Queen instead of Jean.  Or, if you wanted to rile your wife, you could put Cyclops with Jean, Goblyn Queen, and White Queen.  His whole harem.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on June 20, 2011, 10:00:03 PM

MARRIAGE FTW!!

I don't know if the sum works out, but you could always use Goblyn Queen instead of Jean.  Or, if you wanted to rile your wife, you could put Cyclops with Jean, Goblyn Queen, and White Queen.  His whole harem.

My wife would be more annoyed at the medium I'd be using in my jest, than of the context, LOL. She's a good sport about things, though. We definitely share our sense of humor. In fact, I bet I can predict her response. She'd say, "I negate that."  ;D
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Nate Grey

I do believe the Scarlet Witch was engaged to be married to Doctor Doom most recently.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Nate Grey on June 25, 2011, 03:54:22 AM
I do believe the Scarlet Witch was engaged to be married to Doctor Doom most recently.

:o

steve2275

MARRIAGE FTW!!

that energy team is 80 points
g q stead of jean is 82
the harem is 72 points however

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on September 22, 2011, 06:16:31 AM

MARRIAGE FTW!!

that energy team is 80 points
g q stead of jean is 82
the harem is 72 points however

I'm sorry, I'm confused. I was really trying to work out which team is 80 points, but I can't figure it out. Even using JeanGrey: DarkPhoenix, it still only comes out at 76, but I wasn't even refering to JGDP, I was referring to regular ol'cheap Jean, who is only 16...

17 Crystal
  18 Quicksilver
  20 Cyclops
+21 JeanGrey: Dark Phoenix
----

17 Crystal
  18 Quicksilver
  20 Cyclops
+16 JeanGrey
----

???
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Demacus

Wasn't Goblyn Queen with Havok in X-world? 

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Demacus on October 11, 2011, 04:20:04 PM
Wasn't Goblyn Queen with Havok in X-world?

I believe so, hence the X-WORLD Location line-up
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Demacus