Best Laid Plans... (BLP)

Started by gameplan.exe, June 24, 2011, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Is it just me, or does this Event pretty much require that you use Any Heroes? lol

First, it seems like one of the best things you could do with it, is to stack your Devourer Of Worlds (DoW) right away

But second, if you're using a battlesite, it seems like you're asking for trouble if you run into an AnyHero deck, regardless of which Events they were running, since they can stack DoW.

The only real counter I can think, is if you're able to stack the No Specials may be played, so they can't use the DoW they just stacked, but even then, you can't use any Activators you might have pulled...

From the flip side, if I'm using Any Heroes, and my opponent used BLP, I'd stack DoW near the top and make sure my Team Overpower is clear to place if I need to...

The only other thing I can think, is to use BLP with the BW specials... or other deck altering specials...

Has anyone used BLP and a Battlesite to good effect against an Any Hero deck?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Yeah, Best Laid Plans certainly helps you hedge your bets with DoW.

You have to beware of people playing Infinity Gauntlet, though. Because they can just as easily stack their 'Gods of Stone' event. Or Maximum Carnage with it's hurtful 'Symbiotic Hero Captured' (No one per decks may be played).

I'll often run Fatal Attractions with Best Laid plans even on Battlesite deck. There's a lot you can do with it, and not everyone you face will be using Any Heroes. 'Down But Not Out' is a nice Wildcard, because your opponent will always have the fear of putting DoW up on the chance you may be running that event. If you're good at the 'double bluff' you can get away with a lot using Best Laid Plans.

-BBH

Onslaught

Fatal Attractions is significantly better with battlesites than it is with Any Heroes. If you want your events to help with anti-battlesite effects, Entropy Field is always going to be more powerful than stacking DoW with Best Laid Plans since it happens immediately and is cannot be disrupted. This is especially relevant at high level play where (depending on the matchup) games are decided on turn three or four. You sacrifice a bit of versatility, but you only really want to be using Fatal Attractions in the first place if your deck is based around it.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on June 24, 2011, 01:55:09 PM
Yeah, Best Laid Plans certainly helps you hedge your bets with DoW.

You have to beware of people playing Infinity Gauntlet, though. Because they can just as easily stack their 'Gods of Stone' event. Or Maximum Carnage with it's hurtful 'Symbiotic Hero Captured' (No one per decks may be played).

I'll often run Fatal Attractions with Best Laid plans even on Battlesite deck. There's a lot you can do with it, and not everyone you face will be using Any Heroes. 'Down But Not Out' is a nice Wildcard, because your opponent will always have the fear of putting DoW up on the chance you may be running that event. If you're good at the 'double bluff' you can get away with a lot using Best Laid Plans.

-BBH

yeah, there are Events they could stack to prevent my immediate use of DoW, but it seems like I just have to make sure my Team Overpower is clear, so I can place it. But, maybe there's enough of a contingency plan for that, for anyone using a Battlesite (like displace cards)...

Quote from: Onslaught on June 24, 2011, 02:16:37 PM
Fatal Attractions is significantly better with battlesites than it is with Any Heroes. If you want your events to help with anti-battlesite effects, Entropy Field is always going to be more powerful than stacking DoW with Best Laid Plans since it happens immediately and is cannot be disrupted. This is especially relevant at high level play where (depending on the matchup) games are decided on turn three or four. You sacrifice a bit of versatility, but you only really want to be using Fatal Attractions in the first place if your deck is based around it.

I don't see how BLP is significantly better with Battlesites than it is with Any Heroes (aside from the point that Battlesites are already better than Any Heroes). Do you use Fatal Attractions a lot with your Battlesite decks, then? Or do you just not use it often, regardless of Battlesite/Any Heroes?

Also, yes, I realize that Entropy Field is the single best anti-Battlesite Event, but I don't especially like the other Event cards from that Mission. Also, my point in using BLP isn't to sabotage a Battlesite; I have no interest in using DoW. I only meant to discuss the potential problems of using a Battlesite with BLP, against Any Heroes. The problem seems obvious to me...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Ravencroft

I used BLP once. It was on a four freedoms plaza deck.
I put back on top the no specials event and a full teamwork. What does that spell? Kill one character.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Ravencroft on June 25, 2011, 12:28:59 AM
I used BLP once. It was on a four freedoms plaza deck.
I put back on top the no specials event and a full teamwork. What does that spell? Kill one character.

Nice! That's certinly a killer strategy  ;)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27