X Rated

Started by Kyle, July 12, 2011, 12:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

Here's a deck I created, themed and still fairly competitive.

Prof X, X-Man, X-Babies, X-Men Original Team (R)

Prof X - Mental Bolt, Mindwipe, Psionic Hold, Telepathic Coordination, Read Mind
X-Babies - Colosuss, Dazzler, Iceman, Longshot x2, Phoenix x2, Rogue
X-Man - Apocalyptic Survivor, Illusory Reality, Mind Slam, Street Prophet, Ultimate Potential
X-Men - Cyclops

Battlesite - Outback
Dazzler - Disco Diva, Roller Queen
Jubilee - Wolvie Style, Troublemaker
Longshot - Rolls with the Punches, Freedom Fighter
Reavers - Pretty Boy, Donald Pierce
Sentinels - Master Mold, Robot Mentality
Wolverine - Tracking Senses, Fighting Instinct

Mission Set - Infinity Gauntlet
Gods of Stone
Silver Tounged Devil
Hideout Discovered

So far I've found it to draw consistently and is able to win (which is rare for me!  ::)).

Any thoughts on alternate battlesites or mission sets. I've constructed the deck with only 1 TW card, and run the hideout discovered event, and would like to run more "TW Busting" options if possible.

gameplan.exe

This is a cool deck theme. I like building around wordplay  :)

In terms of "TW Busting" - take a look at the MIGHT OVER MIND mission set:

Quote* File #179603.08  {C}
         Only Teamwork Universe cards that act as Strength attacks may be
             played this battle.
     * File #179603.11  {C}
         No Teamwork Universe cards may be played this battle.

I used these 2 Events in a "TW Busting" Deck awhile back, along with the same Any Mission you have listed already. Mine was a Strength deck w/Sentinels (for the EE), so I still used 3 TW, but they were all Strength...

This DC Mission set also has an Event to tie up a Front Line character, which can be an intersting strategy with the Pseudo-clone you have going on with Prof & X-men:OT.

Also, don't overlook these events
Quote* INFINITE ARMY SCATTERS!  <MC> {R}       Morph
        No Teamwork Universe cards may be played this battle.
Age Of Apocalypse
Quote* TIME TRAVELLERS VANQUISHED  <MC> {R}    Mantis
        No cards that have the word "teammate" may be played this battle.
The Crossing
Quote* BATTLE ON THE MOON!  <MC> {R}           Cyclops
        No Universe cards may be played this battle.
Dark Phoenix Saga
Quote* HOSPITAL BECOMES WAR ZONE!  <MC> {R}    Exodus
        Discard all placed Universe cards.
Fatal Attractions

Hope this helped at least a little  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Hot Rod

Crossing for the KO + No Teammate events seems like a no brainer here to me.  Though you can shoot yourself in the foot over the pure AD and EE(I'd go 2 max on either) .

Pretty solid deck overall, the teamwork busting idea is a good one with how weak your own grid is.

If you choose to frontline X-Men with X-Man you'll have enough defence to run any battlesite you want, so you could go with something like Krakoa for the card advantage.

Onslaught

Normally it creeps me out to be a ton of points under 76, but when you have four characters that are this strong it doesn't really matter much. One change that I would strongly suggest would be moving X-Men: OT up front and having Professor X in reserve. This allows you to lower your dupes by including some X-Men: OT specials, while still having full access to all of Prof X's great OPDs. This configuration also helps justify your low teamwork strategy, as you'd only have three available on the frontline.

With X-Men OT up front, you also have way more incentive to run the KO event. If you do it with The Crossing, you also have access to the "No Cards With the Word Teammate" event to shut down teamworks, but that also kills your Street Prophet (and potentially Angel if you add any). I noticed you're only running one Street Prophet, try going up to three (or maybe just two if you're going to run the "no temamate" event). Since you aren't using A-Next (and presumably only 1 or 0 allies), you still might be able to get away with using it depending on how committed you are to the anti-teamwork angle. Try this and see if it works out a little more smoothly:

X-Man: 11m, 7f, EE x2, 4m
X-Babies: 7ap, 6s, KL, AO x3
X-Men: Angel x1
Prof X (Reserve): 8m, Telepathic Coordination, Target Hero, 6i

The Crossing: KO event, "No Teammate," Hideout Discovered
TWs: 8e, 7e, 6e
5 strength ally, no A-next

Also consider switching out Pretty Boy for Deathstrike, giving you a rock solid plan against DoW in conjunction with Lil' Iceman.

Kyle

Thanks for the feedback, will experiment with a few of the different mission sets mentioned... looks like MoM is the strongest pure "anti-TW" but we'll see.

Also am totally going to play X-Men up front. Waay better that way, can't believe it didn't occur to me.

Bravosi

I have a similar deck that call my X-deck.

X-Man
X-Men Original Team
Xaos
Prof. X (Reserve)

I run it with Any Heroes (Devourer of Worlds), with Team Overpower, and Entropy Field.  Basically it is a Battlesite killer.