White King's- Quad Negate

Started by CoS, July 24, 2011, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoS

If you would like to vote for The White King's No Tricks Deck in Gary's deck of the month competition, you need to send Gary an email at martins6@earthlink.net!

Face it, there are some mean card combinations in OverPower. There are several different decks where if you don't have a negate, you don't have a prayer. But most of those decks don't stand up to a couple of well played negates.

Last year I finished second because I had two negaters on my team. Last year Vertigo could keep them awake. This year you don't have the luxury of keeping everyone awake. That is where this deck rules.

Here are the features of this deck:

Deathstrike to scout your opponent's tricks and remove the worst they can throw at you!
Negates in nearly every hand to shut down your opponent's killer combinations!
Multiple redundant characters! Every character has a backup! The first knock out will not effect the strength of this deck!
There are no exclusive cards! Every card in the deck can be played by at least two characters!
At exactly 56 cards, this deck has been minimalized such that every kept card is worth 5.8 venture points with 41 venture points in every hand! And, unlike other decks, this does not diminish after the first knock out!
An event to shut down Beyonder decks!: No Energy Power cards may be played. Beyonder decks are usually energy decks, and as such will lose much of their defense with this event!
An event to ruin all other non-redundant decks!: KO One Hero This event spoils everyone's fun except yours! Simply KO whoever has the most hits on them!
An event to hurt Mega-Avoid decks!: No cards that have the word "teammate" may be played this battle. This only effects your 4 teamwork cards. For most decks, the number of cards effected is much higher. For mega-avoid decks this event is devastating!
A potential bet-7 of your own! Play Adam Warlock's Soul Gem followed by Pretty Boy and you are untouchable. Doctor Strange's Sorcerer Supreme then adds 3 to your venture and wins the battle!
Put whoever you want in reserve! Dark Beast in Reserve completely backs up your grids, while Beast: the Brute can play all his specials, or put Donald Pierce in reserve since he can play the most cards!
OverPower Deck Builder (Version 3.3.11)

Homebase: Marvel Universe

Team:
   Beast: The Brute (3-6-7-1)
   Dark Beast (1-6-5-7) May play any Beast Specials.
   Donald Pierce (4-2-6-7) May play any 'Reavers' Special cards.
   Reavers (5-7-6-3)

Mission: The Crossing

Battlesite: Sanctum Sanctorum

Battlesite Specials:
   Adam Warlock - FE - Cosmic Alliance
   Adam Warlock - AR - Energy Barrage
   Adam Warlock - FD - Soul Gem [OPD]
   Adam Warlock - AD - The Infinity Watch
   Baron Mordo - DO - Mystical Menace
   Doctor Strange - CY - Catastrophe Magic
   Doctor Strange - DG - Eldritch Blasts
   Doctor Strange - AF - Sorcerer Supreme
   Ghost Rider - AI - Bat Out Of Hell
   Ghost Rider - AA - Demon Chain
   Ghost Rider - DS - Skeletal Summoning
   Silver Surfer - HF - Cosmic Awareness
   Silver Surfer - AG - Force Shield
(using a Beyonder activator as well)

Aspect Cards:
   Any-Homebase - A-Next [OPD]

Specials:
   Beast - Analyze
   Beast - Analyze
   Beast - Analyze
   Beast - Drop Kick [OPD]
   Reavers - Bone Breaker
   Reavers - Bone Breaker
   Reavers - Bone Breaker
   Reavers - Bone Breaker
   Reavers - Deathstrike [OPD]
   Reavers - Donald Pierce
   Reavers - Donald Pierce
   Reavers - Donald Pierce
   Reavers - Pretty Boy [OPD]

Power cards:

Fighting: 2 2 3 4 4
         Strength: 3 4 5 6 6 6
        Intellect: 1 3 7 7 7
MultiPower (EFSI): 5
        Any-Power: 5 6 7

Teamwork cards:

1 * Fighting 6 or more to use, follow-ups in Strength and Intellect
    1 * Strength 6 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Intellect
    1 * Intellect 6 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Strength
    1 * Intellect 7 or more to use, follow-ups in Fighting and Strength

Artifact cards:

1 * The Book Of The Darkhold

Event cards:
   Avengers Attack Headquarters - No Energy Power cards may be played this battle. Affected Power cards are not discarded.
   Heroes Avenge Murder - One Front Line Hero of your choice is immediately KO'd. Reserve Hero immediately moves into play. Card is discarded if it will end game.
   Time Travellers Vanquished - No cards that have the word "teammate" may be played this battle.

Total cards: 56

Usable cards:
36 for Beast: The Brute
39 for Dark Beast
44 for Donald Pierce
42 for Reavers

Exclusive cards:
  0 for Beast: The Brute
  0 for Dark Beast
  0 for Donald Pierce
  0 for Reavers

Using my card valuations:
0.8257 Avg. dupes/hand
24.8843 Avg. attack/hand
27.6257 Avg. Defense/hand
24.8843 Avg damage/hand
41.6871 Avg venture/hand
5.8106 Avg venture/kept card

Demacus

Thank you, sir.  I think I'm going to use real cards to build this one so I can see the look on my buddy's face when I beat his team into submission.

CoS

Your welcome. When this deck was designed I don't believe that he had access to the Marvels (like we do today with OP online), so I edited it to include Marvels cards for our match but it only brought the deck total to 57 cards. Tell me how the IRL match goes and if you can pull off a first turn "bet seven" situation ;)

BasiliskFang

gameplan.exe

I would guess he added Stars And Garters (EB) for Beast. It's a very, very good OPD. Otherwise, maybe some different cards into the Battlesite, but that seems unlikely.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

I'm not knockin' the deck cuz it rules, but even I wouldn't use 4 of a card in a 56 card deck!:)  How was the dupe percentage so low???  I love playing 3 of's in decks, especially AR's for some reason.  When I play Juggernaut, I usually run 3 Head Butt's, 2 Foxfire's, and Battering Ram.  Pretty stout, unless I discard dupes.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on June 14, 2012, 08:32:29 PM
I would guess he added Stars And Garters (EB) for Beast. It's a very, very good OPD. Otherwise, maybe some different cards into the Battlesite, but that seems unlikely.
i hate that card for the simple fact that its there and it ruins what i wanna do
but yes it must be added  ;)

Quote from: thetrooper27 on December 31, 2012, 08:48:03 PM
I'm not knockin' the deck cuz it rules, but even I wouldn't use 4 of a card in a 56 card deck!:)  How was the dupe percentage so low???  I love playing 3 of's in decks, especially AR's for some reason.  When I play Juggernaut, I usually run 3 Head Butt's, 2 Foxfire's, and Battering Ram.  Pretty stout, unless I discard dupes.
the only time i dupe specials is when i have one placed

BasiliskFang

Add beast's cd, it will act the same as pretty boy.
Op legion changed the battle site, so it lists hulk and not mephisto, I think it should list namor.
I also took out the 2 non ko events and dropped in ally cards. I think also removed the artifact and a teamwork because I reworked the battle site because I kept drawing multiple Adams.

steve2275

why not use surfer's AD instead of adam's?
but the 4 adams does make sense
and i actually referring to the top post
not yours   :P
anyway happy new year

BasiliskFang

That's is one of the exact changes I made, he might have had it that way to justify 4 Adam activators.

thetrooper27

Anyone know why the OPLegion included Hulk in Mephisto's place on the battlesite?  Hulk seems like a sore thumb amongst those guys, unless I'm missing something.  Maybe he lifts weights at Dr. Strange's house.:)  BFang, why would you include Namor? 

breadmaster

i'm guessing they're going with a defenders theme in the sanctum

BasiliskFang

If you check the pic on his Facebook, we talk about why e made the changes, I even talk about this deck.

thetrooper27

Good call on the Defenders.  Didn't think about that.

Kyoujin

Sorry to resurrect a 'dead' thread so late, but I just stumbled on this deck and I had to give my kudos.  I love it!

I did, however, notice that run 4 of some cards quite frequently.  It was noted earlier, but not addressed; do you find you discard dupes often?

I've actually made a few of my own changes, with all due respect.  I don't have a lot of the Sanctum Sanctorum cards you have, so I'm running Mojo World instead.

It gives the deck even more negates (3, I believe) as well as 5 avoids.  I'm also experimenting with Dazzler's BY, as the deck only has one card with an energy icon.  Psylocke's MP also prevents your own specials from being negated prematurely.