Teamwork Picture Nerdism

Started by gameplan.exe, July 29, 2011, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

So, am I the only one that builds a team, and when adding teamwork cards, totally geeks out when realizing one of the Teamwork cards has art featuring your line up? What's that? It is only me? I'm sorry, what? I have to go now...?

ahem

Anyway, I've decided to take that a step further and actually build a deck based on the people featured in a Teamwork card's art.

Here you go -
[Banshee] [Professor X] [White Queen]
                    [Magneto]
I'll spare the build details, but it looks like it could be a pretty fun little deck. Certainly doesn't lack for umph!

Anyone else have a favorite team that's also featured on a Teamwork card?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Palatinus

How do you pick your fourth?  Also, I have a couple of favorite teams on the teamwork cards.  Superboy, Stell, Eradicator, then I would add in Cyborg to complete my Reign of the Supermen team.  Then, War-Machine, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman.  Then I would add Iron Man to complete a nice team from the old Iron Man cartoon.  And finally, Doppelganger, Shriek, Demogoblin with Carrion in reserve for his sweet teammate avoid.  Then use the Maximum Carnage mission to give Shriek her venture boost.  With Deomgoblin playing Hobgoblin and Green Goblin specials, this makes a really sweet team.

Oscorp

Quote from: Palatinus on August 02, 2011, 11:24:09 AMAnd finally, Doppelganger, Shriek, Demogoblin with Carrion in reserve for his sweet teammate avoid.  Then use the Maximum Carnage mission to give Shriek her venture boost.  With Deomgoblin playing Hobgoblin and Green Goblin specials, this makes a really sweet team.

Think I missed something here...  are you using a set of homemades for this team?
I'm rubber and you're glue...

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on August 02, 2011, 11:24:09 AM
How do you pick your fourth?  Also, I have a couple of favorite teams on the teamwork cards.  Superboy, Stell, Eradicator, then I would add in Cyborg to complete my Reign of the Supermen team.  Then, War-Machine, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman.  Then I would add Iron Man to complete a nice team from the old Iron Man cartoon.  And finally, Doppelganger, Shriek, Demogoblin with Carrion in reserve for his sweet teammate avoid.  Then use the Maximum Carnage mission to give Shriek her venture boost.  With Deomgoblin playing Hobgoblin and Green Goblin specials, this makes a really sweet team.

I just grab some one who fits grids / "feel" of the team to use as the 4th
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Palatinus

Quote from: Oscorp on August 02, 2011, 12:21:38 PM
Quote from: Palatinus on August 02, 2011, 11:24:09 AMAnd finally, Doppelganger, Shriek, Demogoblin with Carrion in reserve for his sweet teammate avoid.  Then use the Maximum Carnage mission to give Shriek her venture boost.  With Deomgoblin playing Hobgoblin and Green Goblin specials, this makes a really sweet team.

Think I missed something here...  are you using a set of homemades for this team?

That last one may only exist in my head.

Demacus

lol  I was gonna say, I DON'T HAVE SHRIEK!  What the hell?!?!?!? lol 

I always said she and Carrion should have been made into heroes.

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on July 29, 2011, 01:48:06 PM
So, am I the only one that builds a team, and when adding teamwork cards, totally geeks out when realizing one of the Teamwork cards has art featuring your line up? What's that? It is only me?
It's definitely not just you. I love it when stupid little things like that happen!

One of my favorite Teamwork Teams is: Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man, Black Cat and I tend to throw in Spider-Girl to even out the total.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

gameplan.exe

I just realized my example team is over the limit. I'd have to change it up and put Jean Grey: Dark Phoenix in Reserve (I never really put it together, just kinda scratched it out on paper).

On a side note, I did put together a Bishop, Iceman, Colossus, Storm team that was a lot of fun  :D
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 20, 2012, 01:21:02 PM
On a side note, I did put together a Bishop, Iceman, Colossus, Storm team that was a lot of fun  :D

X-Men Teams are some of my favorites - I will probably run this one soon  ;)
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster