Interesting thoughts on I.A. + Artifact combos?

Started by gameplan.exe, December 09, 2011, 05:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

So, Storm has a great I.A. that has come in handy on more than one occasion, but I was wondering if there's a way to put it to better use...

Has anyone tried these combos?

SERPENT CROWN on Domino
SUPER SOLDIER SERUM on Mandarin
ADAMANTIUM TENTACLES on Killrazor
BOOK OF DARKHOLD on Booster Gold or Storm

there are few things that stand out to me -
1) To best take advantage of these effects, it'd be good to have a way to force attacks over to these people. So, a good Battlesite and Event selection is a must.
2) This strategy seems to conflict with Storm's OE- and Mandarin's CT- coded cards.
3) Domino has interesting potential on the X-Mansion team with a Serpent Crown on her, but who gets the boot between Cyclops, Professor, Cable, and D.Phoenix?

Thoughts?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on December 09, 2011, 05:13:06 PM
So, Storm has a great I.A. that has come in handy on more than one occasion, but I was wondering if there's a way to put it to better use...

Has anyone tried these combos?

SERPENT CROWN on Domino
SUPER SOLDIER SERUM on Mandarin
ADAMANTIUM TENTACLES on Killrazor
BOOK OF DARKHOLD on Booster Gold or Storm

there are few things that stand out to me -
1) To best take advantage of these effects, it'd be good to have a way to force attacks over to these people. So, a good Battlesite and Event selection is a must.
2) This strategy seems to conflict with Storm's OE- and Mandarin's CT- coded cards.
3) Domino has interesting potential on the X-Mansion team with a Serpent Crown on her, but who gets the boot between Cyclops, Professor, Cable, and D.Phoenix?

Thoughts?
i never considered the book for booster or storm

go cable cyclops d.phoenix domoino

breadmaster

i'm going to piggyback this topic with a question of my own

suppose i use a character that gets a power card defense bonus, with a double shot

if cable defends with a DS with domino, does he get the defense boost?

Nostalgic

Quote from: breadmaster on December 13, 2011, 04:11:07 PM

suppose i use a character that gets a power card defense bonus, with a double shot

Now THAT is a good question.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on December 13, 2011, 04:11:07 PM

Sure does! now, obviously, doubleshots only go up to lv.4 for PC contribution, so the Grid-Altering artifact doesn't help her like that, but yes, you could block a 10 with a DS from Cable and a lv.4 E PC from Domino  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

breadmaster

what's the feeling about the reverse

ie: domino plays the doubleshot, cable plays the power card....i'm guessing no bonus then

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on December 14, 2011, 11:07:58 PM
what's the feeling about the reverse

ie: domino plays the doubleshot, cable plays the power card....i'm guessing no bonus then

exactly, since it's not really her power card at that point  :-\
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Tussin

i was also thinking about battlesites that boost someones stats to 7 or 8 for remainder of game to create a deadly boost with innate. possibly 7+2 or 8+2's or events that can use specials for other teammates.

* FIGHTING SPIRIT LIVES!  <OS> {VR}       Juggernaut
All Special cards in your hand may be played by any Hero, for remainder of battle.

so Domino can get 8+2E, Storm can get 8+2I, Killrazor 7+2S, Mandarin 7+2F, Booster Gold 8+3I

pretty good hybrid fighters.

steve2275

too bad deathlok aint on a location card
a good amount of OPD choices