What is a good number of cards for a deck?

Started by Jesse, January 27, 2012, 05:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

I haven't set down and played a game of OP in years. I have been working pretty hard lately to get all of the cards that I need to make myself and a couple friends decks. The problem is I am running into the issue of "how many cards is too many for a functional deck" and "how many cards are too few?" I have ideas for teams so that is no problem, I'm just not sure about how many cards I should use. Any thoughts or ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Nate Grey

I do recall there was a topic on these forums where some forum members listed their general deck building strategy, including total number of cards, how many power cards they used, number of specials, etc. Can't remember where it was at the moment but I'll try and look around (unless some of the other members do remember and can point us in the right direction).

Update: I do think this is the thread I was referring to:

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/index.php?topic=55.0

Jesse

Quote from: Nate Grey on January 28, 2012, 02:08:23 AM
I do recall there was a topic on these forums where some forum members listed their general deck building strategy, including total number of cards, how many power cards they used, number of specials, etc. Can't remember where it was at the moment but I'll try and look around (unless some of the other members do remember and can point us in the right direction).

Update: I do think this is the thread I was referring to:

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/index.php?topic=55.0

Thanks!
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Onslaught

You need a really, really good reason to play more than the minimum legal deck size. In "modern" Overpower there are no more tactics that require you to play a thicker deck, so it's always incorrect to play more than 56 cards.

Jesse

Quote from: Onslaught on January 29, 2012, 06:57:41 AM
You need a really, really good reason to play more than the minimum legal deck size. In "modern" Overpower there are no more tactics that require you to play a thicker deck, so it's always incorrect to play more than 56 cards.

Not to sound completely out of it, but what rules are considered "modern?" I haven't played in years so I'm still resfreshing myself.