acolytes (reserve) malice psylocke and quicksilver & other ideas i come up with

Started by steve2275, March 10, 2012, 07:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

In terms of stat-backing, you chose some pretty solid people. Having dual grids helps give some flexibility in Teamwork and Power cards, so this deck should do pretty well on those fronts. The bigger problem may be in getting synergy out of their Special cards, but choosing a good Battlesite and good Events can go a long way toward that end. Looks like it could be a fun deck, though  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Bios

Overall:

Offensiveness
   - High level attacks – It's ok, has Quick's 11S and Invisible's 9S
   - Power card mix – Has a nice E/F match, but it's lack of  8's can bring it down
   - Teamwork mix – Its regular, at most. Only 3 non-duplicable, in two power types.
   - Chain attacks – Invisible's "FE" and Quick's Rapid Fire Punches are nice, plus a couple "AB" that I don't personally recommend
   - Defense breakers – If you play with Marvels, Psylocke's "Astral Assault" is great to prevent a negate, Quicksilver's "Quick Mix" can get an unexpected KO if you have the timing

Defensiveness
   - Invisible Woman's 9 or less attacks are great, but that team has no negate, what usually is a big flaw.  Having no level 8 character also turn it vulnerable against level 8 power cards, specially if you are in Power Pack.

Venture win
   – Nothing to say

Card Advantage
   - Psylocke's AV and BM lock down can bring some advantage, by preventing the opponent of playing cards Placed or even something from hand. Quicksilver Rapid Rip-off requires some luck, but it usually works. HK cards can prevent the opponent of playing teamworks or allies, but since Acolytes is in reserve, I won't pick this special.

Additional comments and tips: Unless you are an Acolytes fan, there is no reason to use that character in a deck. If the grid match is driving your choices, you could use Marauders, with Psylocke and her AV Special in Reserve. In this case, you could also use a 7F teamwork.

Another good options could be using Captain American in Front line and Sabretooth or Azrael in reserve, removing Psylocke and Acolytes from the team. Those can't play level 7E power cards, but they use level 8's instead! In that case I would use the following power cards: 1M, 2I, 3S, 4M, 5F, 6F, 7E and 8F. As you can see, every character can play 7 from the 8 power card levels. That config also increases your teamwork offensiveness!

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 10, 2012, 11:33:32 AM
In terms of stat-backing, you chose some pretty solid people. Having dual grids helps give some flexibility in Teamwork and Power cards, so this deck should do pretty well on those fronts. The bigger problem may be in getting synergy out of their Special cards, but choosing a good Battlesite and good Events can go a long way toward that end. Looks like it could be a fun deck, though  :)

I agree with this thought. On Paper they appear to be a solid group of characters, but I think another team with a sturdy set of specials could take them fairly easily....IMO. But they still look fun to play.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

steve2275

thanks
but i will not be changing any characters

heres a team i just thought of(but not made)
http://overpower.ca/tools/quickcharacters.php
                                                                                                                                          reserve

Jesse

I actually built a very similar team the other day. The only difference was that i had Havok in, in place of Cerebro. Team worked out pretty well... I lost but it was fun to play.... :P
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

Jesse

steve2275

reserve

using latveria with doctor doom human torch mr. fantastic and silver surfer activators
http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php

Nostalgic

Quote from: steve2275 on April 24, 2012, 10:17:31 AM
using latveria with doctor doom human torch mr. fantastic and silver surfer activators

I thought you couldn't use a location as a battlesite if the characters on your team were also on the location card...
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Jesse

Quote from: Nostalgic on April 24, 2012, 10:34:18 AM

I thought you couldn't use a location as a battlesite if the characters on your team were also on the location card...

As long as you don't use the character on your team he/she can be in the battlesite and vice versa regardless of the name being printed on the site as an option for it to be used.

Nostalgic

Quote from: Jesse on April 24, 2012, 10:41:39 AM
Quote from: Nostalgic on April 24, 2012, 10:34:18 AM

As long as you don't use the character on your team he/she can be in the battlesite and vice versa regardless of the name being printed on the site as an option for it to be used.

I think if the character(s) "Thing"/ "Invisible Woman" is a character you are fighting with on your team you can't use a Location "Latveria" as a battlesite due to those characters being printed on the card regarless if you include activators/specials for those specific characters in the deck/under the battlesite.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

Jesse

If I'm wrong thats cool, but I really don't believe I am. I tried to find the old post that mentions this but I just don't have the time to keep looking. I beleive it was Jack or BBH that stated that as long as the character (in this case thing/invisible woman) are only used either a)in the site or b) on your team than you are fine regardless of the listing. The listing tells you who you can pick to use with it, not who you must pick. Therefore if you use them on you team they are not available via battlesite, however if you do not use them on your team they are available via battlesite and vice versa.

Nostalgic

That's interesting. I thought it was all or nothing. Either all characters on your team are from a location card so it can be used as a homebase, or no characters on your team are on a location card so it can be used as a battlesite. If I could find my old rulebook I could let you know for sure, but that's the way we've always played it. 

(Edit)

Below is a quote from Jack's site which has the online rulebook.  Below that is the link.

"The Battlesite: The second way that a Location card can be used is as a Battlesite. To use a Location card as a Battlesite, first look at the Character List on the Location card you wish to use. No Character on your team may appear on the Character List of the desired Location card (see Character cards). If you have one or more Characters on your team who appear on the desired Location card, then that particular Location card may not be used as a Battlesite with that particular team. If none of the four Characters on your team appear in the Character List for the desired Location card, then that particular Location card may be used as a Battlesite"

http://overpower.ca/pages/rules-welcome.php?#rules-location-cards