some shadowcat q's

Started by breadmaster, January 27, 2012, 12:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

Quote from: Onslaught on February 02, 2012, 06:40:37 AM
It's not that complicated, just do whatever a card says (assuming it is legal for you to play it in the first place).

I think that's the part that's confusing about what you're saying.  Every effect in the game comes from cards.  Also, if there is a determination of certain cards overriding effects it's hard to determine what's legal.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Onslaught on February 02, 2012, 06:40:37 AM
It's not that complicated, just do whatever a card says (assuming it is legal for you to play it in the first place).

Play as written? You're starting to sound like BBH  8)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Onslaught

Quote from: Palatinus on February 02, 2012, 08:47:38 AM
I think that's the part that's confusing about what you're saying.  Every effect in the game comes from cards.  Also, if there is a determination of certain cards overriding effects it's hard to determine what's legal.

What's not to understand? If you can legally play a card, just do what the card says. Your example of a strength attack makes no sense, because you can't play it in the first place.

breadmaster

yeah!

do what the card says!   ...execpt when you shouldn't

you know...'simple'

Onslaught

What scenario exists where you shouldn't do what the text on a card says? Assume that all cards have their errata text written on them. There is no "do what the card says, except when you shouldn't LOL!" because you always do what it says.

Scenario: No cards with the word "draw" may be played
Result: You can't play the HQ, it isn't legal to play

Scenario: Mr. Sinister "Cloning Process" is in effect/floating
Result: You play your HQ, but discard any drawn duplicates since the card tells you to do so

Scenario: No strength attacks may be played
Result: You can't play a special card that acts as a strength attack

How is this hard to understand?

TheGeneral

I know Im jumping in here late but IMO Shadowcats Inherant ability makes her AGs not duplicates. So if she draws 3 discard duplicates those are not duplicates.

DiceK

Assuming you mean Ghostly Phase (I think that's her AG) then you are correct.