New OP Online Program is out for a while

Started by Bios, July 09, 2010, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bios

My site will be out for a while. I am looking for a new server and the programmer who was working with me dropped out. So I am also looking for a programmer!

Our deck building tool is ready and we also finished the special searching tool based in the tool created by Jack from oneperdeck.com. We' ve just started working in the game itself and it was based in a Java server using a Flash CS3 with Actionscript 3 as client. But maybe the new programmer decides to use another kind of server.

I still believe this project is worth the effort because it has a lot of advantages against the old OP online program. The old program requires that you know someone that wants to play in advance and then you have to connect to their IP and handle with all the hassle that goes along with that. In the old program, both players need the program installed in their computers in advance and you can lose the decks you built.

With the new program, you just need to create an account and you can log in from any computer online. So you have access to your decks from anywhere. And you won't need to know someone else in advance, you can check in the site if someone is hanging around and invite that person for a game and the site will make the connection.

Hope I can find someone else soon and have the program done before Christmas!

Meanwhile I will be available for playing using the good old program!

Jack

I need to get in touch with you with my plans for my revamped site.

Bios

Just add me or send an email (bios37@hotmail.com).

CoS

Bios-

is this a case where no news is bad news and the program/site will NOT be up before Christmas?  :-[