Where to find Promo cards (Visual guide)

Started by BasiliskFang, June 04, 2012, 05:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on June 12, 2012, 07:36:43 PM
I can vouch for:

October 1995 comics that have the top-right OverPower triangle
Combo Magazine #21
Combo Magazine #24
Wizard #50
Wizard #58
Wizard #96
Wizard's Wolverine Tribute

Pictures with proof will go up on the wiki in July/August.

i can vouch for Xmen #45 (which doesn't say Overpower on the cover). mine has Gamma Terror (Abomination).
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

Jack

Since magazines are front-dated, Warlock (from the August volumes of Wizard and Inquest Gamer) was likely printed before August.
The Megapowers went on sale early August (August 5th to be somewhat exact).

You figure it out.

BasiliskFang

BasiliskFang

bump added the cover for combo 24, thanks to Steve Ollie ( @Steve_Olle ) on twitter.

DaGreatNameless

I got a promo card today with some onslaught mission promos that i haven't seen anywhere. And it has a 1995 date so I dont think it was got with them. ANy  idea what its from?

Jack

So it was you that won it :P I forgot to bid.

I got that card when Blockbuster was doing a grand opening and it was part of the swag bag back in 1995 or so. It's highly collectible.

DaGreatNameless

did you win any of those x-men lots he had goin? they looked pretty damn nice but my funds got low.

Jack

Nope, I missed out. I was watching both the Missions and the Hillshire sets.

Shoe

Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 #325 (I can verify this, I got one in this book when I was a kid)

InQuest Magazine #9 (Jan 1996) - This one had the powersurge confusion, got this when it was new!

Onslaught OverPower Expansion Set (Missions)
1 mission of 7 cards: randomly inserted in packs of Marvel Ultra Onslaught Trading Cards, released Fall 1996, at the rate of 1 per 9 packs.

I got an onslaught hero card in Marvel ultra onslaught pack when i was a kid...theoretically all these were available in those packs.

BasiliskFang

I think the hero cards are available in packs, but not the specials.

Jack

I have a complete listing, with proof, of the promotional cards that came bundled with magazines.

http://overpower.ca/wiki/Magazine_Promotional_Cards

Onslaught: Characters and Events came in Marvel Ultra Onslaught packs, the other cards were found in the comic books in pairs.

BasiliskFang

BasiliskFang

Jack

I probably left a few out, kinda hard to be tracking them all. And for $50+, no thanks.