battlesites and DO negates

Started by breadmaster, April 25, 2012, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

was playing a game earlier, and a strange one came up

i had landed moleman's 11 on the site, and was going for the ko.  opponent wanted to play longshot's DO (personal negate) in a later round to remove it

i'm guessing that's not allowed, since the battlesite itself can't play a card offensively:  is this correct?

i'm assuming you CAN play the DO defensively to defend the site though

Nostalgic

As I was the other side of that equation I'd like to find out too.  ;)
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

gameplan.exe

I'd say no to it either offensively or defensively, because the nature of those DO-negates are that they only protect that character, but Battlesites aren't characters... :-\
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

hmmm...that's interesting

by that logic, cards like pretty boy and acrobatics couldn't be used to defend a site either.  i'm leaning towards all of them being usable defensively, but would have no problem playing either way

steve2275

Quote from: ncannelora on April 25, 2012, 09:11:46 PM
I'd say no to it either offensively or defensively, because the nature of those DO-negates are that they only protect that character, but Battlesites aren't characters... :-\
nor are they teammates  :-*

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on April 26, 2012, 12:09:54 AM
hmmm...that's interesting

by that logic, cards like pretty boy and acrobatics couldn't be used to defend a site either.  i'm leaning towards all of them being usable defensively, but would have no problem playing either way

I suppose, taking that a step further, you couldn't really use any of the Specials to defend it except the AO and DB cards, since they don't require that a Character or Teammate be targeted by the wording of their text... so, I guess DO should be defensive, at least
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27