Forum Clean-up

Started by Palatinus, August 15, 2010, 01:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

I've moved some topics in an attempt to make the forum a little more organized and consistent.  I am sure there are more posts that could be moved and more boards that could be created to fit large groups of unclassified posts.  If anyone wants to point out something that can be moved or created or sees a problem with something I moved, please post in this topic.

Onslaught

Hey cool the owner of this forum who never contributes anything to discussion ever decides to show up and start moving the few posts that there are into more fragmented subforums.

There isn't enough traffic to warrant paying attention to a bunch of different sections, just put everything back under one big general forum for OP discussion like it was before. Thanks in advance.

Palatinus

Regardless of inappropriate comments about what I do or do not contribute to this forum, I do think that the 496+ posts in 85+ topics does justify some organization.  I realize that moving things around 12 topics may be a minor inconvenience for someone who is used to where those topics were located, but for someone who is new to the forum, finding things in easy to understand boards makes the forum easier to navigate.  We do frequently get new members and I want the forum to be as accessible to them as well as to existing members.

I am very interested in hearing people's opinions about this subject as I definitely don't want to make things harder on anyone in the process of making the forum more organized.

Onslaught

You have 12 posts, and none of them are about anything related to gameplay at all. Let the people actually contributing stuff decide where stuff should go instead of showing up for the first time in months and deciding you feel like moving things around.

Seriously just put it back how it was, don't make a big deal out of it.

Post Merge: July 10, 2011, 08:34:47 PM

Nobody is even going to see this thread to voice their concern since there are so many damn subforums. Put this as a sticky in the general forum or something so you can see what people want.

It's just so silly for a board to have more subforums (10) than reguarly active posters (about 7)

drdeath25

I think it was fine the way it was before, now its harder to navigate. This forum is so small, i really don't think new members would have a hard time finding anything, when everything was just in the general forum.... I don't want to have to check a bunch of different forums for a message board that averages less than 1 post a day.

Just want to say I am very happy this message board exists, as i love the game of overpower, and love to discuss the game, as well as reading other member's opinions on the game. In my opinion things were fine the way they were, but regardless of what the moderator chooses, we will have to deal with it, since i dont know of any other active overpower communities.

Onslaught

Well seeing as you and I make up like 50% of the daily posts on here anyway, might as well make a new forum ourselves if this one doesn't change back. The only reason anyone posts here anyway is because it has a link on the Wikipedia page and now this mod is acting like he knows what he's doing.

drdeath25

I think this forum is a great place. There is no need to leave here and start a new place, since this forum already has a good 6-7 people that post good topics.

I think it is funny though that now that things have changed on the board, we are up to about 6 posts already today... I just wish the List of Sub-forums told me which ones have new posts that i havent read yet.

I dont know if i am even making any sense right now, I need to go to sleep.