Image inducer with deck empty

Started by DarKBladE09, November 21, 2012, 05:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrooper27

Quote from: Jack on November 21, 2012, 09:04:12 PM
There's barely anything written in the rulebooks saying that the power pack is actually reshuffled:
QuoteAll duplicate Power cards are discarded into the Power Pack, which will eventually be reshuffled and used again when the Draw Pile has been depleted.

That's the only line I could find in the entire rulebook.

I'd probably say that when the Draw Pile is at 0 cards, then the Power Pack is reshuffled and becomes a Draw Pile. So yes, there shouldn't be a time where the Draw Pile is empty, though normally we tend to keep it empty until we need a card from it (either to draw/discard).

Going back to the event; looking for a card with an Energy icon wouldn't bring the Draw Pile to 0 since the cards you looked at still belong to the Draw Pile.

If the event is played, and there's only one card in the deck, AG special or energy power card or anything else, wouldn't the draw pile be 0 when you search since you draw first for the event before doing what it says?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on March 11, 2013, 05:50:16 PM
Quote from: Jack on November 21, 2012, 09:04:12 PM
There's barely anything written in the rulebooks saying that the power pack is actually reshuffled:
QuoteAll duplicate Power cards are discarded into the Power Pack, which will eventually be reshuffled and used again when the Draw Pile has been depleted.

That's the only line I could find in the entire rulebook.

I'd probably say that when the Draw Pile is at 0 cards, then the Power Pack is reshuffled and becomes a Draw Pile. So yes, there shouldn't be a time where the Draw Pile is empty, though normally we tend to keep it empty until we need a card from it (either to draw/discard).

Going back to the event; looking for a card with an Energy icon wouldn't bring the Draw Pile to 0 since the cards you looked at still belong to the Draw Pile.

If the event is played, and there's only one card in the deck, AG special or energy power card or anything else, wouldn't the draw pile be 0 when you search since you draw first for the event before doing what it says?

Oh I see! I think maybe Jack and I were thinking along the same lines.

I thought you meant that the Event was played, and replaced, and there was only an AG left...

But you mean, the Event is played, replaced with the last card from the Draw Pile (being the AG), and now you're trying to search the empty Draw Pile? Then yes, you would reshuffle and search.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

halcyon1234

Quote from: ncannelora on March 11, 2013, 04:02:36 PM
This was particularly significant for the Muir Island team, because they draw to replace with each Intellect Power card used for defense.

So, when I'm holding 8 Power cards (8e 7a 6i 5i 4i 3i 2i 1i) and I defend with any of the Int Power cards (while I have no Power Pack or Draw Pile), I essentially just show it to my opponent and return it to my hand  ;D

Hmm, I'd almost disagree, but I'm not 100% sure of the timing.  I'd think it would be:
1) Play the power card
2) Draw a card
3) Can't draw, reshuffle power pack
4) No power pack!
5) No cards, no draw
6) Draw complete
7) Playing of power card complete, discard power card

The draw being triggered on the start of the play, not the end.  But I could be entirely wrong on the timing, and it could be:
1) Play the power card
2) Complete the play of the power card
3) Discard the power card
4) A power card was just played, trigger Aspect
5) Try to draw, reshuffle, draw it, etc.

gameplan.exe

well, in our circle, we read "after" as meaning that the defense was over and the discard of the PC had taken place. maybe that's not right, but that's how I've always played it and I've had no arguments (including the OPO tournament we had via this forum), so that's all I'm going from...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

the programming on opo even supports this (though that admittedly doesn't carry too much weight)

halcyon1234

Quote from: ncannelora on March 18, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
well, in our circle, we read "after" as meaning that the defense was over and the discard of the PC had taken place. maybe that's not right, but that's how I've always played it and I've had no arguments (including the OPO tournament we had via this forum), so that's all I'm going from...

Yeah, I can see that working, given the "after". Otherwise it would have read "when a I power card is played", rather than "immediately after blocking".