Favorite Marvel Characters/Comics

Started by Palatinus, March 31, 2011, 03:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supercal

@ the dude...

Power Pack made into op... well maybe not as characters, just the name "Power Pack"
And for West Coast Avengers (or Avengers West Coast), Rhodey was Iron Man for the mini series and maybe their appearances in the Avengers books at the time.  When the regular series launched, it was Tony in the silver centurion armor - a definite A-list hero.  Though I remember how Hawkeye desparately wanted to fill his roster, basically begging the Thing and whoever else he ran into (except Firebird).

@ Kyle

Deadpool is my main man too.  I buy almost all of it (even though a lot of it is weak).  I've started skipping the guest shots (as there are too many of em, and didn't appreciate seeing Moon Knight slice him up so easily).  I agree with you on the Daniel Way stories... I'm surprised they've kept him on so long.  My favorite runs were Joe Kelly's and Gail Simone.  Though the Cable/Deadpool w/ Fabian was quite entertaining.

In answer to the question... my favorite Marvel character always was Spider-Man but I gave up on him in recent years... the clone saga may have had something to do with that, as well as One More Day (or whatever that was called).

At present, I would have to say its
Deadpool (#1 with a bullet)
Sabretooth (though I haven't looked in on him in a while)
Taskmaster

I like many other characters (Silver Surfer, Luke Cage, Punisher, etc but not enough to really call em favorites).
I saw some post about someone who never plays an OP deck w/o Storm.  I'm tempted to do that with Deadpool... though I wish I could have the picture from his 3 stat card on the IQ hero.

gameplan.exe

For real, Deadpool's 3-stat artwork is one of the best in the Original Set, and one of the few that clearly rivals his 4-stat.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Bullio

Quote from: supercal on August 22, 2011, 07:04:35 PM
@ the dude...

Power Pack made into op... well maybe not as characters, just the name "Power Pack"
And for West Coast Avengers (or Avengers West Coast), Rhodey was Iron Man for the mini series and maybe their appearances in the Avengers books at the time.  When the regular series launched, it was Tony in the silver centurion armor - a definite A-list hero.  Though I remember how Hawkeye desparately wanted to fill his roster, basically begging the Thing and whoever else he ran into (except Firebird).

@ Kyle

Deadpool is my main man too.  I buy almost all of it (even though a lot of it is weak).  I've started skipping the guest shots (as there are too many of em, and didn't appreciate seeing Moon Knight slice him up so easily).  I agree with you on the Daniel Way stories... I'm surprised they've kept him on so long.  My favorite runs were Joe Kelly's and Gail Simone.  Though the Cable/Deadpool w/ Fabian was quite entertaining.

In answer to the question... my favorite Marvel character always was Spider-Man but I gave up on him in recent years... the clone saga may have had something to do with that, as well as One More Day (or whatever that was called).

At present, I would have to say its
Deadpool (#1 with a bullet)
Sabretooth (though I haven't looked in on him in a while)
Taskmaster

I like many other characters (Silver Surfer, Luke Cage, Punisher, etc but not enough to really call em favorites).
I saw some post about someone who never plays an OP deck w/o Storm.  I'm tempted to do that with Deadpool... though I wish I could have the picture from his 3 stat card on the IQ hero.

Should look into the Big Time to Spider Island period of Amazing Spider-Man.  I'd never read much in the way of Spider-Man comics over the years but I thought Slott did a magnificent job.  Haven't read any of his work beyond Spider Island yet, though, so I'm not sure if the consistency was maintained.

I was an X-Men (Wolvie/Gambit/Sabretooth/Onslaught and Venom (not quite X-Men, I know)) kid way back.  Owned a lot of X-Men comics from the 90's, but never really read them.  Been trying to do that lately, as well as catch up on AvX before Marvel NOW! in a couple months, but Batman's been luring me to the darker side that is DC.

KObossy

Favorite character - Punisher

I think Garth Ennis's last Punisher run & random 1-shots are great.
_

Favorite story arc - Age of Apocalypse

With the work and collaboration that must have been put into it it could have easily been a disaster. The combined artwork was phenomenal!

The ONE complaint I have with AoA is that instead of Juggernaut having a brain aneursym when seeing all the chaos around him he should have reached into his backpack & pulled out his helm one last time, kick some ass and then died.
_

Combined story & artwork - Guardian Devil

Kevin Smith & Joe Quesada

thetrooper27

Quote from: ncannelora on April 12, 2011, 01:20:55 PM
Gambit's my favorite character.
X-men and Uncanny X-men were my favorite books. (haven't yet, but I want to start reading/collecting again, including Legacy).
AoA is my favorite arch.
Gambit is one of the coolest characters, but I like him best when I can be him in a video game, such as the Genesis XMEN games, or Marvel vs. Capcom.  Style defined.
As for the XMEN cartoon, same story, but my favorite part is where Gambit and Bishop are playing cards, and they start showing off their powers.  Bishops says, "I can absorb your mutant energy and channel it back atcha" then Wolverine pops his claws and says "How'd ya like to try absorbin' THESE."  HAHAHA That cartoon had some great lines!  Good stuff:)

Gail Simone's Deadpool was great.  Art was great, story was great.  I always laugh out loud reading a Deadpool comic.  I must say he's around too much now.  I mean, I'm glad he's making waves, but they're gonna overdo him like this other great Xcharacter that we know.  Overexposure cheapens a character.  Wolverine has always had my heart, but gosh, he's in EVERY book on the shelf, including Justice League of America.  Hello SECRET INVASION!  I would've loved for part of the conclusion to that story to have been that a bunch of the Skrulls didn't get the memo that one of them was already chosen to be Wolverine for the takeover, and now that the Skrulls had been stopped and all that was over, Wolverine would only be in 2 titles a month.  That guy's in more places than McDonald's.

Hulk and Wolverine are the best.  But after Planet Hulk and World War Hulk, Hulk has just a tiny bit of a lead on Wolverine.  He stomped a mud hole in everyone.  Hulk is undisputed in raw power.  You can beat him, but kill his happiness, and he literally could destroy everyone.  They didn't stop him.  He proved he had a heart by submitting.  He could've killed everyone.  But instead he forgave everyone.  I need a kleenex. :'(
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

TheGeneral

My favorite series by far is the Onslaught followed by Secret Wars

Tussin

not big into comics... don't know where to begin, i heard the Infinity Gauntlet series is magnificent though.

would like to find good comics revolving around Nightcrawler/Archangel, or at least a big part for them playing in the story.

favorite heroes... Nightcrawler, Archangel, Iceman, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Dr.Strange, Colossus, Starhawk, Havok, Human Torch, Vision, Hawkeye.

favorites villains... Mr.Sinister, Juggernaut, Mysterio, Magneto, Galactus, Mandarin, Omega Red, Quicksilver.

adamsonofwilliam

Favourite Hero:
My fave has changed over time depending on storylines and events - Wolverine, Beast, Colossus, Spider-man, Iron Fist, Captain America, Sentry, and Hulk.  Currently my tops are Silver Surfer and the Winter Soldier.

Favourite Villain:
This too has changed - Sabretooth, Deadpool, Dark Beast, Bullseye, Loki.  Nowadays, I'm drawn to Galactus.

Favourite Storyline:
Age of Apocalypse is hands-down my fave; great changes in characters, costume changes and story.