New logo design

Started by Jack, February 06, 2012, 01:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I figured that trying to clean up the OverPower logo from magazine scans and newsletters was a horrible idea. Colours are always wrong, I can never get it cropped properly, it doesn't scale.

So, I took it upon myself to create my own version of the logo (legally I'm allowed because the trademark for the OverPower logo is dead, see serial 74625899):

This is not final, please suggest improvements or note imperfections with it. The colour scheme can and will change. I copied the brown and red triangles from the Marvel version of the logo. The DC one has blue and purple and the Image one has dark green and lighter green. I can't and won't use the Marvel/DC/Image logos because those are still under trademark.

So, if you want to contribute please:
1) Suggest improvements
2) Note imperfections
3) Suggest a colour scheme

Onslaught

Looks good, but you could probably drop the red stroke on "Overpower" to make the blue pop out more over the background.

Jack

Quote from: Onslaught on February 06, 2012, 06:09:23 PM
Looks good, but you could probably drop the red stroke on "Overpower" to make the blue pop out more over the background.
The red outline was put in to mimic the original logo. I was debating on changing red outline to another colour or just removing it completely.

EDIT:
Added the original logo to compare/contrast.

Nate Grey

Jack

Bump.

I update the image, the two changes are:
The text CARD GAME now has the proper font, it's no longer Friz Quadrata Bold, its just Friz Quadrata Plain.
The text OverPower now has the same type of red border as the outside triangle. This is the same as the Marvel logo.

If you're not seeing it, try to clear cache or try a hard refresh of the page.

Thoughts?

Jack

Bump.

Notice how I changed the diamond so that it looks much more proper. You may have to force refresh the page to see the logo.

Photonicide

I was making a logo for my custom set and remade the overpower logo from scratch. Thanks to Jack for finding the fonts and I used some of the colors from his remake as well. If anyone wants to tinker with it, here is the photoshop file with the layers intact (mostly). https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r7thdF8WbOFYGEpSWh2ovzt-cFtiz8Pf

fennshysa

That is seriously nice! I think you actually know what you are doing.

justa

photonicide - any chance you could repost your logo on a white background?

Photonicide

Quote from: fennshysa on December 27, 2017, 11:10:05 AM
That is seriously nice! I think you actually know what you are doing.

Thanks! I really don't know what I am doing but googling tutorials helped me a lot on this one. :D

Quote from: justa on December 27, 2017, 02:34:24 PM
photonicide - any chance you could repost your logo on a white background?

Here you go! (The earlier one had a transparent background.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12UQxVugiN2cV3DHQUWFJnjvmaJ7iJnto

justa

thanks!
justa to explain the request:  my drawing program (MS Visio 2007) can't read Photoshop files, so all i could do was a screen shot of the logo here.  but then i couldn't match the gray background to delete it.  with a white background, i can choose to make white transparent, thus giving me what you originally posted.
if i ever do more missions/events, i can use that.  again, thanks.

Photonicide

No problem! Btw I laugh every time you use justa in a sentence! I love it! I want a gimmick but photonicide doesn't fit into a sentence very well unless you want to kill the lights ;D.

When you make white background transparent you will sometimes get some harsh pixles on the border that need antialiasing so here is a direct link to the file that already has a transparent background. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fj_kpFkOLzLdjQVYbxsIMZP1WCFHK87s There is a download button in the top right corner so you will not have to take a screen shot.

Cheers!

justa

wow! thanks a bunch.  that looks so much better than removing the white for the other.  (PNGs i can handle, as well as jpegs & about 8 other picture types.)
and actually, justa isn't so much a gimmick as a nickname.  add my last name, & it sounds like a Louis Armstrong song.  David Lee Roth did a more recent remake of it, but like me, both are old.  a lot of the time i type it by accident & don't bother editing it out, but occasionally i do it on purpose.  (and no, i'm not Italian.)

fennshysa

Also, thank you very much for that file. I was just putting together a new template for Marvel Mission cards and this was perfect!