Grid-Altering Artifacts

Started by gameplan.exe, March 04, 2011, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

So, I've searched and searched, and I can't find anything explicitly telling me that these cards cannot be played defensively! The only thing I can find to suggest it, is that in the DEFENSIVE ACTIONS section of the rule book, it only lists the Tactic: DOUBLESHOT cards, and no other Tactic cards. That's not quite difinitive enough for my tastes, as it can be construed as a simple oversight by the writer of the Rule book's text  ;D

I really like these cards, and I love the idea of the versatility to play them defensively. Considering that all other Grid Altering cards (admittedly, they're Special Cards) - they can all be played defensively, why not these too?

Thoughts?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

I agree with you 100% that there is no reason they shouldn't be used defensively. However, the powers that be declared that they are playable on your turn only.

But hey, since the powers that be are no longer a factor, go ahead and play them defensively. I do!  ;D

Same with Image inducer, Shadow Helmet etc..  Increased versatility is important.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

Interesting! So, you play them defensively already? Have you been doing it awhile? I'm interested in how much it will affect the gameplay. As an X-Men fan, I like making rainbow-teams a lot and the Grid-Altering cards go a long way in helping that.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Quote from: ncannelora on March 07, 2011, 02:37:26 PM
Interesting! So, you play them defensively already? Have you been doing it awhile? I'm interested in how much it will affect the gameplay. As an X-Men fan, I like making rainbow-teams a lot and the Grid-Altering cards go a long way in helping that.

We have been playing with 'defensive' artifacts for a while. It doesn't imbalance the game at all, just makes them easier to play. Versatility is the key to opening strategies.

It does, however, make a massive difference when using the Image inducer defensively. But the great thing about the image inducer is that the player using it has to be careful not to overuse it, otherwise he'll find many of his good cards pitched into the dead pile.

-BBH

BasiliskFang

can you use these onthe reserve?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BasiliskFang on December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM
can you use these onthe reserve?

only Serpent Society, because of their Inherent Ability.
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

im talking about if i had x-babies in reserve, can i use an artifact on them?

so this serpent ability would make them able to use or have tactics used on them from reserve?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BasiliskFang on December 08, 2012, 05:53:45 AM

im talking about if i had x-babies in reserve, can i use an artifact on them?

so this serpent ability would make them able to use or have tactics used on them from reserve?

uh, no sorry. The way Tactics are played, technically both teammates are "playing" the card. So, Serpent Society can be the Reserve Character and play a Tactic (either going up to a F.L. Character, or having a F.L. Character play one onto Serpent Society).
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27