Artifact Questions

Started by metaphist, April 30, 2011, 08:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve2275

big fan of pym particles i am(like to draw 10 cards)

QuotePym Particles is a HUGE part of the strategy in my 2 "Highlander" decks, with Department H, and especially the Muir Island deck.

Early, it allows me to do 2 things; 1) I can draw 10 cards w/no discards (assuming no KOs), but increase my opponent's likely dup'ing. and 2) I can get to the Power Pack quicker, which is usually to my advantage with these particular Highlander decks.

Later, it allows me 1 VERY important strategy in the Power Pack - drawing only 6 cards. In a Highlander deck, you're never going to have a Power Pack bigger than 8 cards, but you might very well have only 7 or even 6 left. Capping your opponent's hand size helps prevent their card advantage (for both my Highlander decks). Then, when you throw in the DTR Aspect of Muir Island, that small Power Pack hand size is emphasized.
those thing are good too

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on January 05, 2013, 11:54:45 PM
I really like Shadow Helmet myself.

Which artifacts are used most?  What kinds of strategies use them?  The stat boost artifacts are a no-brainer, but Pym Particles and some of the other artifacts seem to need a particular deckbuild to be useful.  Any advice or suggestions?

Pym Particles is a HUGE part of the strategy in my 2 "Highlander" decks, with Department H, and especially the Muir Island deck.

Early, it allows me to do 2 things; 1) I can draw 10 cards w/no discards (assuming no KOs), but increase my opponent's likely dup'ing. and 2) I can get to the Power Pack quicker, which is usually to my advantage with these particular Highlander decks.

Later, it allows me 1 VERY important strategy in the Power Pack - drawing only 6 cards. In a Highlander deck, you're never going to have a Power Pack bigger than 8 cards, but you might very well have only 7 or even 6 left. Capping your opponent's hand size helps prevent their card advantage (for both my Highlander decks). Then, when you throw in the DTR Aspect of Muir Island, that small Power Pack hand size is emphasized.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27