Couple of questions.

Started by BasiliskFang, November 27, 2012, 02:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on December 03, 2012, 03:09:56 AM
Quote from: Jack on November 27, 2012, 06:18:41 AMAI specials that specify "'opponent" (but without target) can choose the reserve and homebase in addition to front line characters.
the flash
ghost rider
the mandarin
scarlet witch
are the only four that can do that  :)

what about Velocity? isn't her Speed Through untargeted as well?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

AO user

[quote

And yes, you are correct about not being able to play DoW with that Event in play.
[/quote]
Event says word "negate" cannot be played.  DOW says "negated" not "negate". Conjugates are included?

Jack

AO user

Couple more questions:
1. Ghost riders IA says needs four power types to KO.  If he has 3 types (missing I icon) for 11 cumulative and a 5 anypower PC lands on him, is he KO'd?

2 tournament play: I listed professor x as my reserve but after a couple rounds can I sit down with new opponent and have him in front line instead.  I know you can change deck ( add/ remove PCs , specials etc)  but the deck is same team is same but is it disallowed?

Thanks for all your help, folks.  Hope to see you at K2 this year!

Jack

1. Officially, Any Powers never contribute to Spectrum KO, which includes Ghost Rider. However, it is a very interesting idea since it's technically a Power Type. For now, the answer is no.

2. You aren't allowed to modify the contents of the deck (including Battlesite, Missions, Characters, etc.), but there's nothing restricting you from moving around the reserve between matches. I only highlight the Reserve on deck listings because it helps visualize how the deck will played out. For certain decks, namely those with Dr. Strange, it's obvious what the intent is.

AO user

arguing FOR anypowers as a type: power leech can be used for anypowers.....and to great effect against Hand/Starjammer teams

Jack

Quote from: AO user on February 07, 2016, 09:49:59 PM
arguing FOR anypowers as a type: power leech can be used for anypowers.....and to great effect against Hand/Starjammer teams
Nope, not a valid strategy. Don't ever do this. :P

Leech actually uses the term Icon instead of Type, which allows for the distinction. The complicated mess with Any Powers adding to Ghost Rider's death is that it opens up the possibility to KO all other characters with the Any Power.

BigBadHarve

There are also existing cards that actively change Any Powers into a specific type, thus creating a possible spectrum.

AO user

Valid points. Concede "argument'.  And Jack's point about letting any powers count to spectrum KOs made me shudder.  Thanks again