Started by BasiliskFang, December 11, 2012, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

1. download

2. unzip

3. open opdeck.exe (xp compat in win 7)

4. build a deck

5. save deck

6. open oponline.exe  (xp compat in win 7)

a. first time: settings> general> change username

7. File>open deck

8. connect to opponent
a. Guest: the host needs open 1544 and you need to have your opponent's ip address [not 192.168.1.#]
b. Host: Open port 1544, inform the guest of your ip address (http://www.myipaddress.com/show-my-ip-address/)
Press GO

9. FIGHT IT OUT!

Nate Grey

Fantastic! Great to see someone taking the initiative and providing this nice tutorial.  :)

KObossy

Nate Grey

Don't forgot 10. Hope it doesn't crash!  ;D

And how about 11. How to resume a game after it crashes.  ;)

BasiliskFang

if you guys who things that will crash the game lmk so i can post them at the end

Nate Grey

Quote from: BasiliskFang on December 13, 2012, 03:43:32 AM
if you guys who things that will crash the game lmk so i can post them at the end

Not quite sure what you are saying here. Are you asking if you should consider posting things that increase the likelihood of the game crashing? If so, that is a good idea.

BasiliskFang

exactly.

for one, i know that removing hits from the permanent record that aren't hits may cause a crash. playing artifacts somehow too.

Nate Grey

I know I always seem to cause crashes when I intend to defend an attack by shifting.  :-[ I forget what's the best way to go about that.

steve2275

tell your opponent you wanna shift
let the hit  hit
then move the hit(if it hit) to the shiftee and discard the shift special

CoS

do you guys see the screen shots used? how you can't see the reserve hero and the defeated mission pile... THAT is what my screen looks like. OPonline does not have a scroll function so the program is unplayable for me. (you can't play OP without access to the reserve hero and the defeated missions, unless you are VERY VERY good/lucky)

Nate Grey

Quote from: steve2275 on December 13, 2012, 12:04:32 PM
tell your opponent you wanna shift
let the hit  hit
then remove the hit and discard the shift special

Do you need to take the hit? Can you simply block and then discard the shift special after you announce to your opponent your intention to shift?

BasiliskFang

Quote from: CoS on December 13, 2012, 12:09:40 PM
do you guys see the screen shots used? how you can't see the reserve hero and the defeated mission pile... THAT is what my screen looks like. OPonline does not have a scroll function so the program is unplayable for me. (you can't play OP without access to the reserve hero and the defeated missions, unless you are VERY VERY good/lucky)
ok, this is because i am using a TV as a monitor at 1216x684 instead of 1280x720p. I can still click the reserve hero and the defeated mission pile.

Nate Grey

Quote from: BasiliskFang on December 13, 2012, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: CoS on December 13, 2012, 12:09:40 PM
ok, this is because i am using a TV as a monitor at 1216x684 instead of 1280x720p. I can still click the reserve hero and the defeated mission pile.

So do you think having CoS adjust his monitor settings will give him the full play screen?