Anyone want to help out on OPO 3.0? Have a research project for you...

Started by DarKBladE09, December 24, 2012, 05:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarKBladE09

I need to know all the special card codes that when played defensively, they don't get discarded. For example, Beast's Acrobatics or Reaver's Pretty Boy.

I also need to know all the special card codes that have for remainder of game effects. I know there are some that don't actually say "for remainder of game", but are designated as such by their OPD status.

I don't think there are too many, but it's a lot to sort through. And I need the 2 lists of codes double checked to make sure that there are no same card codes that don't follow the rules of the list. For example, a OPD game lasting special coded AT (just making that up), but you find another AT that doesn't last the whole game and whether its OPD or not. Hopefully that makes sense and hopefully there won't be any codes that are the same but operate differently. Checking similar codes should be relatively quick and easy. Should be able to use the current overpower online specials search for that (I think there are only a few mistakes in it), or Jack's website might have a feature for it.

So anyone want to start working on one or both lists?

BasiliskFang

"OPDs that last the game but dont say so on the card"

X = im pretty sure
Xi = instant? most likely doesnt belong
? = no idea but it seemed possible

BISHOP   Play in current battle. Negates the effect of next Event card played by Opponent. Opponent may still draw for played Event. Bishop may draw 1 card from top of Draw Pile.   OG   x

BROOD   Brood hits to K.O. number is increased to 30.   BF   x

DEADPOOL   Deadpool's hits to K.O. number is increased to 30   BF   x

ENFORCERS   Play in the current battle. Enforcers are +6 to Venture total for next battle.   AW   x

GRUNGE   All attacks by Opponent's team must be made against Grunge, at -2, until Grunge is KO'd or cannot be attacked.   KC   x

HAWKMAN   Play in the current battle.  Hawkman's Energy and Fighting ratings are increased to 7 in the next battle.   EZ   x

LANDSLIDE   Landslide may make as many Power card attacks as possible. Opponent may defend.   BV   Xi

LONGSHOT   Play when Longshot makes a Power card attack. If defended, Longshot's Power card is returned to top of Draw Pile.   CJ   Xi

MANDARIN   All attacks made on Mandarin are made on target teammate until teammate is KO'd. Teammate may defend.   CT   Xi

MAVERICK   Team gains +2 to all actions.   BG   Xi

MORPH   This Special acts identical to any Special currently on the table.   DY   X?

MORPH   Play in current battle. Next battle, Opponent may not Place any cards.   FX   X

MR. FANTASTIC   Play with any Power card defense. Power card is returned to Mr. Fantastic's Hand.   FV   Xi

NERON   All attacks made on Neron are made on Target teammate until teammate is KO'd.  Teammate may defend.   CT   Xi

OMEGA RED   Play in the current battle. Omega Red's Energy and Strength ratings are increased to 7 in the next battle.   EZ   X

ONSLAUGHT   All attacks made on Onslaught are made on target teammate until teammate is KO'd. Teammate may defend.   CT   X

PUPPET MASTER   Play during battle. Next Battle, opponent may not play any Activator cards.   LS   X

RHINO   Play when opponent's hero is KO'd. Reserve must skip a battle before entering.   BC   X

SCARLET SPIDER   Scarlet Spider may make as many Power card attacks as possible. Opponent may defend.   BV   Xi

STARJAMMERS   Play during Battle. Next Battle, Opponent may not play any Any-Character Special Cards.   LS   X

SUPERGIRL   Play in the current battle.  Supergirl's Energy and Fighting skills are increased to 7 in the next battle.   EZ   X

THUNDERBIRD   Move any 1 Hit from Teammate to Thunderbird. Repeat until Thunderbird is KO'd or all Hits are on Thunderbird. Does not affect Venture Total. May be played from Reserve.   NQ   ?

TWO-FACE   Two-Face may make as many Fighting Power card attacks as possible.  Opponent may defend.   BV   Xi

VENOM   Play when opponent's hero is KO'd - Reserve must skip a battle before entering   BC   X

X-BABIES   Play during battle. Next battle X-Babies may Venture up to 4 Mission cards with no penalty. May not Venture more than 4 Mission cards.   LH   X

All MB specials

Tactics:
Myrlu symbiote
Shadowhelmet
The Witchblade
M'Krann Fragment

Maybe Black Cat FG?

BasiliskFang

That would last the battle...so nevermind.

Nate Grey

DarKBladE09

I wanted to have a beta out by the end of January when my next semester of school started, but didn't quite make it that far. As of right now, the game works and myself and Breadmaster have tested it. We did that in mid January. I still have to create the deck building software and fix some bugs and make it easier to connect people. I dont like the complicated way of hosting and connecting that is going on right now. Anyway, I'm swamped at school and have not been able to touch it since school started. Anyway, I really want to have the first version, not a beta, deployed by the end of summer. so keep an eye out! and sorry that my original date fell through.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: DarKBladE09 on March 05, 2013, 10:17:38 PM
I wanted to have a beta out by the end of January when my next semester of school started, but didn't quite make it that far. As of right now, the game works and myself and Breadmaster have tested it. We did that in mid January. I still have to create the deck building software and fix some bugs and make it easier to connect people. I dont like the complicated way of hosting and connecting that is going on right now. Anyway, I'm swamped at school and have not been able to touch it since school started. Anyway, I really want to have the first version, not a beta, deployed by the end of summer. so keep an eye out! and sorry that my original date fell through.

haha! you're not under commission, are you? don't apologize for doing a HUGE favor to us, a little later than you thought! If you delayed this another 10 years, it's still going to be done 10 years earlier than if I was in charge! LOL

Be cool. Stay in school.  8)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Onslaught

I know less than nothing about coding so hopefully this isn't too difficult to implement, but a general "lobby" to find matches where you play through a server would be so ideal. You could just hang out there waiting for a game (it could also serve as a chat room), instead of all the tedious hoops of coordinating a match through e-mail or IM or something and then trying to connect P2P. I would think being server based would make it easy for real time spectators, saving replays, etc.

Keep up the good work

DarKBladE09

Yes, actually I have already designed and coded some of that. It was actually the very first thing that I did. I wanted a place where players could hang and chat, wait for a game, or even watch public matches. The visual portion of it is pretty much done, but it is much more complicated code-wise so I put it on hold until I get a basic version of the game out there. its basically like going from making a cell phone call to being the cell tower routing the calls and voices correctly. Once the game is out there and bug free, the game lobby will regain my priority. I like where your head is at though.

swoogiemonster

I was wondering if there was any update on a version 3.0 of the program?  I think overpower has the potential to flow very well as an online game based on what I've seen of version 2 of the program, and would love to see any improvements you've made.  Thanks for you time and effort.

DarKBladE09

Nothing new, sad to say, as of yet. I'm in Summer semester currently and also am doing a summer internship. I still plan to finish and have a list of things to do to jump right back in. I also may need to revamp some things, because now that I am further in my studies and have some real world experience coding, I see all of the things I did incorrectly. Specifically with the structure of the program. I'm glad people are still looking forward to it, and asking about it. I've been MIA for quite some time now.

CoS

any chance the new OPO 3.0 will have a screen sizing option? so you can adjust the resolution of the game UI? I would greatly appreciate this.

DarKBladE09

That's the main reason that I started this project.... I couldn't stand how small and low res the game was/is. The cards are much easier to see and you can have the game at it's current size, or do fullscreen mode.