Lackey CCG

Started by picks-at-flies, July 10, 2013, 05:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picks-at-flies

Hi all,

I just wanted to post here that Lackey has been updated to a significantly new version which until last week needed a manual download.
http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2050.0

It might already work on other OS X devices (I don't have one so can't test).

Also, a question:
My original OP plugin design didn't have a separate tab for the Battlesite, the intention being that you put them in your Characters tab which is otherwise empty for most of the game. Having played on Lackey a lot, multiple tabs is annoying so any opportunity to reduce these seemed worth taking (especially since OP already has a lot of piles).
- Am I to understand that people would like an explicit Battlesite tab?

Cheers,
PaF

BasiliskFang

i opened it up and here are some things I noticed:

Wrong pictures:
NAME-SET-TYPE-problem
link im ally-comes up as black adam-jla-ally

Playtable:

How do people differentiate hits to current battle and perm record?
With the rotate/tap, is it possible to make it go the other way. (CCW?)
if you could make it so the 4 characters were "always on top" in the battlefield, so when we place cards they become placed underneath.

Deck building:
Once characters are placed in a team, only specials from those characters and any heroes should be selectable.
In the search, is it possible to have it look in the "other" section?
Would help a little if non-EFSI power cards were stored like those. The difference between "5F" and "5 Multi"

Battlesite:
A new tab for it would be good along with a "load sidedeck" button. So users can load a battlesite deck.
I don't know if this matters but your opponent is never supposed to see your battlesite cards, until you use them of couse.

Missions:
Since the score is kept on the side, we don't really need a missions tab. Could just make that the battlesite tab.
How do players keep track of missions ventured?
Since 7 is the max I don't think the mission counter needs to have more than 7.

Cool things this has that opo doesn't:
Mac support
This has a better screen shape/environment. In  opo some stuff is missing when played on newer monitors because there are no scroll bars.
"Crystal" activators - you can't even do this in the real game
"Storm: N" activators - not possible in opo.
Canadian Marvels (currently marked as FAN, which is half true. Should be marked TM [The Marvels]. These cards were playested but not printed) - opo 2.5 still has old versions.
Viewing of the battlesite cards - this functioned so weird in opo.

Think there would be any way to convert decks from opo to be compatible?
here is a few cards from an opo deck:
HERO=274
HERO=332
HERO=96
HERO=279
RESERVE=4
HOMEBASE=42
BATTLESITE=32
MISSION=15
DECK=78
CARD=Special Card
CARDID=1534

Lackey:
<superzone name="Characters">
<card><name id="characters-203.png">Namor: Sub-Mariner</name><set>XM</set></card>
<card><name id="characters-145.png">Invisible Woman</name><set>IQ</set></card>
<card><name id="characters-192.png">Mr. Fantastic</name><set>IQ</set></card>

Might as well add this too:
Plugin: OverPower
Maintainer: Picks-at-Flies
Updatelist: http://www.werepenguin.com/overpower/updatelist.txt

picks-at-flies

a) I don't appear to have an image for Link for some reason. Can someone supply?

b) I think it's possible to make a button to tap the other way, but double-clicking will always do the default I believe. Would that help?
I have no idea how to differentiate placed cards vs permanent hits vs hits from current. How does it work with real cards?

To a lot of the rest: Lackey doesn't do much automation. Most of the time you're playing like it's a real table. The argument used by Trevor, who runs it, is that automation leads to complication and crashing.

c) I'm not sure what you meant by:
QuoteWould help a little if non-EFSI power cards were stored like those. The difference between "5F" and "5 Multi"
Do you mean, you would like Lackey to filter by what your characters can play rather than having to filter manually?  Sorry, not possible.

d) Battlesite cards - yes, this can be a separate deck. Lackey lets you load decks all as one or individually (the latter through the Deck Editor tab). Default view permissions are set, but you can't stop your opponent seeing how many cards you have left.

e) One reason I left the missions tab was because there ISN'T a way of recording ventured missions just using the counters. If it helps, I can add a ventured missions stat. I can remove missions deck and assume players will put the mission cards in the Characters tab if they want them. (I suppose for experienced players, the choice of mission tells them which Events might appear.)
I can't limit the counter.

f) I can relabel FAN to be TM if it helps.

g) Conversion is technically possible but you would have to write a script and reference a database. Unless there are hundreds of decks to migrate it's easier to do by hand. (Essentially: Lackey identifies by card name, opo apparently from card number.)

I hope that helps.

BasiliskFang

Thanks for replying!

a) Here ya go:

click for larger

b)
QuoteI think it's possible to make a button to tap the other way, but double-clicking will always do the default I believe. Would that help?
we could try.
QuoteI have no idea how to differentiate placed cards vs permanent hits vs hits from current. How does it work with real cards?
I usually do this:
Placed: under bottom of character with left most 1/4 sticking out.
Permanent: vertical under the top of the character. 1/3 sticking out.
Current battle: Laid above the hit character horizontally.

c)
QuoteWould help a little if non-EFSI power cards were stored like those. The difference between "5F" and "5 Multi"
in quick search to find power cards I can type #X (numberLETTER) but to find multi or any-power cards I need to type # X (number LETTER) with a space. it would be cool if all of these were consistent. preferably without the space.

d)
QuoteBattlesite cards - yes, this can be a separate deck. Lackey lets you load decks all as one or individually (the latter through the Deck Editor tab). Default view permissions are set, but you can't stop your opponent seeing how many cards you have left.
ok so that's already possible? nice.

e)
QuoteOne reason I left the missions tab was because there ISN'T a way of recording ventured missions just using the counters. If it helps, I can add a ventured missions stat.
There would need to be 5 counters (From top to bottom:
Completed -> Ventured from completed
Reserve -> Ventured from reserve
Defeated
QuoteI can remove missions deck and assume players will put the mission cards in the Characters tab if they want them.
i think that will work swell.
Quote(I suppose for experienced players, the choice of mission tells them which Events might appear.)
I can't limit the counter.
i suppose there can be a certain little caveat to knowing the mission when the game starts but there isn't much you can do to prepare for an event since only 1 character in the game has a change/alter event special card. So, if you do have Bishop in your deck then your deck is as anti-event as a deck can be.

f)
QuoteI can relabel FAN to be TM if it helps.
that would be nice too. i can even help you add actual fan sets (with permission of course)

g)
QuoteConversion is technically possible but you would have to write a script and reference a database. Unless there are hundreds of decks to migrate it's easier to do by hand. (Essentially: Lackey identifies by card name, opo apparently from card number.)
OPO's cards are stored in a microsoft access database in which I have already worked with quite a bit.

thanks!

(PS: would you be willing to edit the original scans with errated "One Per Deck" wording?)
HQ specials and 7 any power?

more incorrect pics:
Chaos at Gamma base - wrong - http://overpower.ca/cards/events/10.png
Doubleshot 46

picks-at-flies

Finally found some time for this (it's been sitting open reminding me since you last posted).

a) Actually this was a typo, as were the others you flagged. Fixed.

b) It now taps both ways. Play, work out which works best.

c) Fixed

d) Battlesite deck. Done.

e) Missions: removed deck, added extra stats.
f) Marvels labelled TM
g) I can't really touch this from my end, but I did think you might be able to use the export format which is simpler:
#<tab>CARDNAME1
#<tab>CARDNAME2
etc
Where # is the number of copies. Insert Character deck first, then "Deck:" on the next line, then the cards in the deck starting the next line again. Repeat for "Battlesite". You can see this for yourself if you Export a deck then read the txt file in the /decks/ folder.

In addition, I have created edited versions of the HQ specials and 7Any. I'm not the best at Photoshop, especially since they had to manually lined up, but I think they look authentic. Making them download cause me a heap of headaches, but that's another tale.

Finally, I made all the characters 'hover'. This puts them automatically on top, making putting other cards beneath them much easier.

It should download automatically, but for reference the autoupdate file is at:
http://www.werepenguin.com/overpower/updatelist.txt

If people want to use it for playtesting, let me know and I can help get something working out.

BasiliskFang

cool. i'll take a look sometime. thanks!

BasiliskFang

it all looks good. i just don't know anyone who wants to use this program to play.

shadow

Where do you guys normally play online?

I have not been able to find a free place to play!

Urborg

It is about a year late but here is the link to the LackeyCCG site: http://lackeyccg.com

Lackey is a program that you download and allows you to play various games on a virtual table top after installing a plugin for said game.

I also play Overpower on Lackey. If anyone is interested in a game you can PM me and we can schedule a play session. Fair warning, I build and play casual decks, and am not what one would call a competitive player.