Trying to get OP online to work on a new comp

Started by Day Tripper, May 12, 2011, 12:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Day Tripper

Like the subject says, i've tried installing it then doing the whole vbrun60 and system 32 package, and its not working at all. Would using a windows vista cause any troubles with getting this to work right?  Im trying to get it to work on my girlfriends computer so we can play together, but nothings working.Any suggestions here would help. Thanks!

Jack

Did you change the compatibility settings? Right click OpDeck (and OpOnline) and choose Properties. There should be a Compatibility tab, choose Windows XP and try again.

Day Tripper

Ahh thats simple. I'll give it a try when I'm at her house and let you know if it works. Thanks!

Day Tripper

there doesnt seem to be an xp combatibility setting, am I missing something here? Ahhh nevermind setting it for 2000 seemed to work, wooo.

Jack

I'm not 100% sure about the Vista settings, but if Windows 2000 works, that's good enough.

Day Tripper

New problem she can't connect to me. I've had this happen with a couple people actually, with or without hamachi. Anything I can do here? Doesn't matter whether I'm guest or host, hamachi or not. Just certain people I can't connect to.

Jack

Did you edit Firewall settings to allow OpOnline to communicate through it?

Day Tripper

Jack

I have no idea, I'll try to find sometime next week to troubleshoot problems with a Vista computer.

Day Tripper

I think the problem is completely on my end, and I'm using an xp. On my computer I haven't been able to conenct to three people. On her vista we've only tried connecting to mine. I'll try connecting to someone else from her computer to make sure, but I'm pretty sure its my computer with the problem :/

Nate Grey

Any progress yet? Hope so. In the meantime she could practice with any of us online.  ;)

Day Tripper

Ahah yeup, she can connect to other people from her computer, just not me. For some reason i'm still having problems connecting to certain people