New OPO package

Started by Jack, June 30, 2011, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

With the help of Michael on Facebook, I've assembled an updated OPO file that doesn't require installing System 32 Package or anything. This version has the updated card art from the Marvels that Michael created but with no other changes (that I am aware of).

http://files.overpower.ca/updates/opo_v2.6.zip

Try it out, let me know what you think. I also have one that has new characters and specials that will be considered homemades:

http://files.overpower.ca/updates/opo.zip

gameplan.exe

thanks for your hard work!

Does it include the missing Aspect cards?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

Missing? There was a missing aspect?

Unless you're referring to the ones that have Aspects but don't show up properly. I'll look into that...

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on June 30, 2011, 02:48:48 PM
Missing? There was a missing aspect?

Unless you're referring to the ones that have Aspects but don't show up properly. I'll look into that...

I'm not at home right now, but I'm pretty sure it was either Holographic Attackers or Genetic Research. Maybe both...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jack

It's probably related to the "THE" problem, I'll look into the fix if its not already done.

Looks like the problem is fixed; but there are some homebases that shouldn't be there.

Oscorp

Loving the new package with the home mades.  Having played with the Marvels for a few years now it's great to get an absolute evil set and to have characters to finish off the Location cards.

I know that this isn't a welcomed change by all, but to have the chance to inject some more new ideas and creativity into deck building with some of my like minded players will be a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting this Jack and thanks to you both for all of your efforts!
I'm rubber and you're glue...

Nate Grey

So does this new package also remove the glitches that we sometimes get with the OPO we have been using? Must both players have it downloaded to play one another?  ???

Jack

Both players should use the 2.6b (homemades, etc) if they are playing against each other with it. V2.6 should be compatible with current programs but I'll have to change it up slightly.

Nate Grey

Quote from: Jack on July 01, 2011, 08:34:22 AM
Both players should use the 2.6b (homemades, etc) if they are playing against each other with it. V2.6 should be compatible with current programs but I'll have to change it up slightly.

Okay Jack. Thanks for the info.  :)

gameplan.exe

I can't seem to do this. It keeps trying to open a MS Access program, and then it freezes up. Ranerdar was telling me it just downloaded and updated for him with no trouble (and no MSA). Help?
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jack

Are you trying to open Overpower.mdb?

Ranerdar

He's trying to get just the new database.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Jack

So downloading Overpower.mdb?