Tourney Results

Started by Oscorp, July 12, 2011, 07:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscorp

Well Match #1 for me was against Dr.Death, we connected on the first try via Hamatchi.

Due to the rules about sharing of decks and teams...  this will be a pretty vague recap.

Hand 1

Dr.D had 2 discards to my 1.   He placed 4 cards, 1 TW, 2 power cards and 1 defensive special.  I placed 5 cards 3 power cards, 1 TW and one offensive special.  I ventured 2, he ventured 1 and conceded pre-battle.

Hand 2

Dr.D has 1 discard to my 0.  Dr.D placed 4 cards, 1 ally, 2 specials (1 offensive and one defensive) and one power card.  I placed 4 as well, 2 TW's and 2 specials (one of each).  I ventured 3 and Dr.D drew a card and bet 2.

I had the initiative and played Absorb Sound.  It hit and Dr.Death had to discard one team work and 3 power cards. 
Dr.D attacks with an ally.  Blocked by gaurdian, the followup attack hits for 3 points and I block the second followup.
I attacked with a TW next.  Initial attack is defended, followup level 2 power card hits.  No second followup.
Dr.D attacked me next with a special, it was successful and I was forced to discard 2 placed teamwork cards.
I play a level 6 special card.  It hits.  Character now has 2 hits against 1 away from spectrum.
Dr.D attacks with level 2 power card.  Blocked with Kinetic Absorbtion, I draw 1 card.  Drawn card is level 7 attack special.
I play level 7 special for KO.  It hits.  Dr.D has his first casualty.
Dr.Death concedes battle.

Missions:   Me - 5 - 2 - 0     Dr.D - 0 - 4 - 3

Round 3

Event from me.  Shockwave Rocks the World (Cards with energy icons may not be used to attack)
I have 2 discards, I don't recall what Dr.Death had.

I place 2 offensive specials, 1 energy power card, 1 aspect.  Dr.Death places two TW's with energy icons.  I venture 2 for the win, he ventures 1.

I lead off with an ally that is blocked followed up with a level 5 special attack that hits.
Dr.Death attacks with a level 8 power card that hits.
I play Web Headed Wizard
Dr.Death concedes battle and game to me.

I was using my "inferior" Team X deck that I posted under the OP Online Tourney page.
Dr.D's deck is confidential until everyone has played at least one game or until he shares it with all of us.

I'm rubber and you're glue...

Overtime

Grats on the win!

I have a small suggestion, if your opponent didn't want his deck revealed since the tournament is going on, would you mind doing a grand report of all the rounds after the tournament was over? Even tho you omitted his special names I was able to identify 2 characters he was using, so I don't know how serious the players of the tournament are about that kind of knowledge.

Looking forward to your other match reports.

Oscorp

I will give full detail after everyone has played a round.  Unless Dr.Death wants to give out details of his deck prematurely.  UPDATE.  Played Bread tonight.  In a much tighter match I won on Venture in the last hand before the power pack.  Details tomorrow.

breadmaster

oscorp did his best to not reveal characters.  it has to be balanced with the interest in posting recaps.

also, ask drd, and see if the 2 characters are correct

anyways, oscorp and i played our match

me
Captain MarVell, Dark Beast, Puppet Master, Dr Strange(r)

him
Dazzler, TeamX, Maverick, Sabretooth (r)

this was a massacre.  not a massacre in the 3 round sense, but in the 'i never posed a threat' sense.

he may post a more detailed recap later.  congrats to oscorp on 2-0!

updated standings

breadmaster 0-1
oscorp 2-0
nate grey
big bad harv
kyle
demacus
ncannelora
dr. death 0-1

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Overtime on July 12, 2011, 09:15:45 PM
Grats on the win!

I have a small suggestion, if your opponent didn't want his deck revealed since the tournament is going on, would you mind doing a grand report of all the rounds after the tournament was over? Even tho you omitted his special names I was able to identify 2 characters he was using, so I don't know how serious the players of the tournament are about that kind of knowledge.

Looking forward to your other match reports.

really?! seems like drdeath25 could be using any number of people and the game could've gone as described above... anyway, congrats to Oscorp on his quick start!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Kyle

Douche lost in the first round??  ;D BUT HE'S SO GOOD!!!  ::)

Nate Grey

WTG Oscorp! Off to a nice lead already.

If anyone wants to improve their record, come and find me.  ;D

Oscorp

Dr.D had some very poor drawing luck, and was under the gun from the get go.  He has a very formidable deck and could just as easily have beaten me. 

I wouldn't get him all riled up or we will have to listen to him crowing about his future victories. :P

Kyle

Well, I lost to Sean, so I'm 0-1 now. I think Sean may do the play by play, but really, it was never even close. lol

Ranerdar

Quote from: Oscorp on July 13, 2011, 06:08:02 AM
I wouldn't get him all riled up or we will have to listen to him crowing about his future victories. :P

He was going to do that anyway.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Nostalgic

Quote from: Ranerdar on July 13, 2011, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: Oscorp on July 13, 2011, 06:08:02 AM

He was going to do that anyway.

QTF.  :P
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

drdeath25

Fucking Shit!!

0-2. Trick Or Treat Bitch.

Hot Rod

Quote from: drdeath25 on July 13, 2011, 02:08:07 PM
Fucking Shit!!

0-2. Trick Or Treat Bitch.

No worries bro, he luck-sacked me with that deck as well.

Too bad it looks like you'll scrub out of this one, I was hoping for another match vs BBH in the finals.   :P

Demacus

Trick ot Treat? Is that thr name of the deck, a new special from the unreleased set? I've seen it mentioned a few times here.

Bios

Dawn! I lost that one... Hope you guys can start another tournament soon,
we should turn it into a world event!