breadmaster 0-2
oscorp 2-1
nate grey
big bad harv 4-0
kyle 0-1
demacus
ncannelora
dr. death 0-2

Thx for the update. I need to start getting on the scoreboard. BBH 4-0?  :o I'll do my best to hand him his first defeat.  :D

Oscorp

make that 2-2 for me...  just got handled by Ncan...  he played a smart game.   kept crashing on our last hand.  But I conceded the game.  He had me.   Details fourth coming
I'm rubber and you're glue...

breadmaster

ok, matches that i know of

ncannelora def oscorp
breadmaster def kyle
breadmaster def bios

updated standings

breadmaster 2-2
oscorp 2-2
nate grey
big bad harv 4-0
kyle 0-2
demacus
ncannelora 1-0
dr. death 0-2

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Oscorp on July 13, 2011, 10:34:18 PM
make that 2-2 for me...  just got handled by Ncan...  he played a smart game.   kept crashing on our last hand.  But I conceded the game.  He had me.   Details fourth coming

Yeah, Oscorp you have a very cool deck, there. Sincerely, I love where you're going with it. Dazzler's Inherent, combined with her Absorb Sound, means that she's actually a good fit on any team that's not an Energy team.

And yes, that last hand we had was kind of a doosy. Crashed once somewhere around mid-point. we resumed with an exact replay, but then it crashed again right there toward the end  :-\

Still, can't complain about crashes when a computer is letting me play a card game that died 15 years ago, with some one across the country. Thank you again, OPO creators!  :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Oscorp

Another Oscorp update.  Bump me back above .500 with a win against Bios.  3-2 now.

A very cheesy finish.   I bet one for the win.  Down but not out is in play.  I attack and hit with an anypower TW and any power 7 for 13 points and no more playable cards...  and let it ride.  Luckily Bios only had 9 points of venture worth of power cards. and a mitt full of specials

That only leaves me with Nate, Kyle and Damascus to play for the round robin...  need 2 out of 3 to clinch a top four I think.

Bios

Lost 3 in a row! I suck!!! :o

Bios vs Breadmaster

One of the most exciting games I ever played. I was able to bet 4 missions in a battle and Breadmaster conceded using Fortress of Solitude. Finally I bet my last 2 missions and he was able to reset the game by playing Universal Aligment. After some rounds in power pack, he bet his last missions for the winning.

Bios vs Oscorp

Oscorp's Power Leech ripped me off. But his "no special cards" event caught me with my pants down. I had only 3 usable cards, not enough to beat his 13 venture points.

Bios vs Kyle

Nothing seemed to work for me. Got duplicates in the first two hands and lost at the 3rd round. No excuses!

At least I got some experience...

Oscorp

Not out of it yet Bios...  Although you will probably need wins against Sean and Dr.D to advance now  :o

BigBadHarve

Update on my run. I'm now 5-1.

My streak has come to a close after a lengthy and tense battle with Bios. It's 1 am and I'm beat, so no in depth report on this one... but a timely DoW and Lambs to the Slaughter worked in Bios' favour and caught me with my pants down. Lambs is certainly a double edged sword and this time I really cut myself. It cost me both Ghost Rider and Morbius. Lil Iceman was having a nap somewhere and showed up a hand later. Lazy bastard! Never around when you need him.

I also had a wonderful battle with Nate Grey, I took that one in the end, despite his coming up with just the right counter to more than a few of my attacks. <grumble>

Still it's all good. Glad to have Bios a part of this one.

Waiting on Onslaught, Ncannelora and Demacus.

Cheers all!

-BBH

Nate Grey

Quote from: Nate Grey on July 13, 2011, 10:14:36 PM
BBH 4-0?  :o I'll do my best to hand him his first defeat.  :D

Nope, couldn't do it. No surprise there.  ;D That is one major pesky little deck BBH has!

And also scored a loss against Breadmaster. Still, they were fun games!

Quote from: Kal-el on July 13, 2011, 03:12:20 PM
Also, I declined to join this touney as I need to play some online matches first as I am horribly out of practice, but I will definitely join the next one.

Don't worry about that, Kal. There's people of every skill level in this tournament.   :)

breadmaster

new match

breadmaster def nate grey

just realized, i should have made the last tie-breaker, instead of a match, the head-to-head...oh well; next time

updated standings

big bad harv 5-1
oscorp 3-2
breadmaster 3-2
ncannelora 1-0
bios 1-3
nate grey 0-2
kyle 0-2
dr. death 0-2
demacus
onslaught

Demacus

I might be a wee bit delayed in getting to my games.  The program is dropping an error on me all the sudden and it won't let me open the Deck Editor to actually build a deck now.  Trying to reload the whole thing and see if that helps.

Bios

You forgot my match with Kyle. Here is an update:

big bad harv 5-1
oscorp 3-2
breadmaster 3-2
ncannelora 1-0
kyle 1-2
bios 1-3
nate grey 0-2
dr. death 0-2
demacus
onslaught

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Demacus on July 14, 2011, 06:46:06 AM
I might be a wee bit delayed in getting to my games.  The program is dropping an error on me all the sudden and it won't let me open the Deck Editor to actually build a deck now.  Trying to reload the whole thing and see if that helps.

Is the Deck editor sort of 'hanging' rather than loading? If so, try running the program 'as admin' to open it. That usually does the trick.

-BBH

Demacus

After I got it running in XP compatibility,  it worked fine for a day, then all the sudden it would give me an error whenever I tried to open the deck editor or load a deck into the actual program.  I deleted everything, and redownloaded. As of this morning everything it fine, but if it errors on me again, I'll let y'all know.

Kal-el

Quote from: Nate Grey on July 14, 2011, 03:01:54 AMDon't worry about that, Kal. There's people of every skill level in this tournament.   :)

I'm not too worried, but I would like to play a few games before getting into a tourney.

That, and I still need to get the program running.