Pym Particles

Started by gameplan.exe, July 19, 2011, 02:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

This is one of my favorite Artifacts, so I use it often. As much as I use it to draw 10 cards, I also love using it to draw 6 when I get to the Power Pack (especially since I often use max-6 characters).

In OPO, it's easy to figure how to draw 10 (just let the program give you 8, then manually draw 2 more).

Is there an effective way to draw 6? I figure, you can just declare the end of the battle, instead of using the Concede function. Then manually move the hits where they should go and discard anything that was in play for the previous battle. But, is there some way to move the Mission cards? When I've tried, it didn't seem to be working...

Help?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

another method (i think we used this in our game) was to put the bottom 2 of the 8 back on top of the draw pile

this of course requires that you trust the other player

hopefully jack comes up with something in his new program

Demacus

Valid concern, which is exactly why I have't added any of the artifacts into my Online decks. The game crashed enough without tossing some of those awesome tricks into the mix,

gameplan.exe

to actually put the Artifacts (and Aspects) into play, I've simply removed them from placements and then, from my hand, placed them onto the character receiving their benefit. Then I send a message to clarify to my opponent and end my turn.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Onslaught

Ghetto workaround: move your missions at the end of the round without anyone actually hitting concede, then draw six cards (one at a time) and continue with placing/venturing etc.

Demacus

In otherwords, Onslaught, stop using the program as it was designed and play one REALLY REALLY long hand.  lol  Makes sense to me.